MIDS HAFU altitude different on AZ/EL page then on ATTK rdr and SA page

VIXEN413

Hey all, came up to an issue today, 

Had a group, 4 ship in front of me, 

A/A mode engaged, AZ/EL page on left ddi, ATTK rdr on right ddi and SA on AMPCD. 

going from a screen to another with castle switch, with TUC, SA and Rdr show same hostile (in this case) altitude but AZ/EL gives me different altitude for the contact... 

on the AZ/EL screen, even if visualy, the 4 hafus were at different altitude, they all showed 36, witch was the alt of the highest contact... 

Screen_220609_193015_edit_358945461883249.png

Edited by VIXEN413
screenshot added as I could replicate the issue out of VR

Rig: MB Gigabite z390UD, CPU Intel I7 8700k, RAM 32G DDR4 3200 Gskill ripjaws, GPU MSI RTX2080SuperOC, HDD Crucial mx500 1tb M2 sata, PSU Corsair 850W, watercooling Corsair h100,

Controlers TM f/a 18 stick on Virpil warbrd base, TM cougar f16 stick on cougar base, Cougar F16 throttle on TUSBA, ch pedals, TM cougar MFD

27" monitor with trk IR 5 and HP Reverb HMD.

Modules F18, F16, F86, Mig15, FW 190D9, Nellis range map, Aggr campaign, Middle East map

You should have a track in SP, and ED will need one...

It's possible they got some of their logic in the code applied in the wrong place.

First thing I think of is the AZ/EL TDC cursor. When slewing the radar scan the right side of the TDC (displays as a +) shows just the altitude of the center of the radar scan volume at half the selected scale/range on the Attk format.

I ll try again but could not have a track last time... will see. Thing is, wherever your radar is pointing, speed and angels of a MIDS contact are given by donnors. If I leave my cursor on such a contact on SA or RDR, the alt stays the same if that contact does not change it's altitude. 

on AZ/EL, even when leaving the cursor on a contact flying at a fixed altitude, the value changes witch does not make sense. And also, adjusting the radar scan volume on that contact should not change anything because the altitude is just given by donor (not corelated by onboard sensors).... 

What puzzles me is that I have a certain altitude on RDR and SA but a different one (erroneous) on AZ/EL

Edited by VIXEN413

Rig: MB Gigabite z390UD, CPU Intel I7 8700k, RAM 32G DDR4 3200 Gskill ripjaws, GPU MSI RTX2080SuperOC, HDD Crucial mx500 1tb M2 sata, PSU Corsair 850W, watercooling Corsair h100,

Controlers TM f/a 18 stick on Virpil warbrd base, TM cougar f16 stick on cougar base, Cougar F16 throttle on TUSBA, ch pedals, TM cougar MFD

Modules F18, F16, F86, Mig15, FW 190D9, Nellis range map, Aggr campaign, Middle East map

Here we go, made a small track.

Could replicate each time.

In the track, you see me going on MIDS contacts from ATTK RDR to AZ/EL and altitude shown are not the same at all. At some point, the lead contact is picked up by onboard sensors and shows 25 but then contact is lost and his alt on AZ/EL reverts to 36 while still showing 25 on the radar...

BR 

azel.alt.issue.trk

Hi,

Notice the same problem here.

The target is on a racetrack at 19000 feet and the AWACS reported the correct altitude. The radar indicate the correct altitude but not the AZ/EL page.

Vincent.

Image2.png

Image3.png

IAMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12x 3.7 to 4.8Ghz - 32Go DDR4 3600Mhz - GeForce RTX 3080 - Samsung Odyssey G7 QLED - AIMXY