Why no paid campaigns?

KungFu

Just picked up a few paid campaigns for the 18 and I thought I'd get at least one for the 16.....there are none except for the redflag one?

What's the deal?

Win 11 Professional, I7-12700K, 32GB DDR5, 3090, 2x 980 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe , 2x VKB Gunfighter mk III, MCG Ultimate, SCG, Orion 2 Throttle, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, Pimax Crystal 

The F-16 is still one of the newer modules, so a) campaign creators may simply not have had the time yet, and b) the F-16 module is still receiving some major upgrades, and campaign creators might have to invest additional work if they do a campaign now, before the module is feature complete.

That said, Baltic Dragon already announced that he'll go to work on an F-16 campaign now that his Raven One prequel is about to come out for the Hornet and he's free to spend time with the F-16. I'm sure other campaign creators also have their eyes on future F-16 campaigns, seeing as this is such an iconic aircraft. So it's really just a matter of time. 👍

• Like 2

I've been working on one for about a year now. 

The Viper has been out for a while, but it was missing some capabilities that really limited the variety of missions that it could undertake and stories that could be told with it. In my case I was also waiting on the Syria map to be released before I could start working on it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Yurgon said:

the F-16 module is still receiving some major upgrades, and campaign creators might have to invest additional work if they do a campaign now, before the module is feature complete.

A few patches ago when the FM changed the fuel consumption I was worried I'd have to remake my F-16 campaign because of the risk of hitting bingo too early. Thankfully it was a bug that got fixed. I can't blame others for wanting to avoid that.

• Like 2

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files