Really nice work

fargo007

12 hours ago, fargo007 said:

I'm loving it so far, knowing it's in an initial release condition. There's so much potential here, but it's a great and needed departure from what we've got so far.

Bravos to the team that worked so hard on this. 

Your work is very much appreciated.

thanks for the support.  We have now swapped back to the mainland and will be addressing issues as we work our way through the map.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

i wanted to say i agree with OP. i purchased this map day one and i think it is great. i have not noticed any of the performance issues lots of pilots are talking about. but with my specs and configuration i normally do not have any issues in that regard. i also have AV-8B, MiG-19 and now the SA map. all quality work.

• Like 2

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

Just wanted to say “great job”. Had a lot of fun exploring the Pacific side yesterday. Hopefully you will find a way to get rid of the pixel stretching on some of the cliff faces. But truly enjoyable just the same.

• Like 2

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

1 hour ago, Ironhand said:

Just wanted to say “great job”. Had a lot of fun exploring the Pacific side yesterday. Hopefully you will find a way to get rid of the pixel stretching on some of the cliff faces. But truly enjoyable just the same.

A little off topic but Ironhand is the reason a friend and myself are so passionate about DCS without him we would given up many years ago.

I would like to take the opportunity to thank you and that being said I have decided to purchase the map.

Thanks again Ironhand from a friend and myself.   

Edited by freehand

So for another two years we probably won't get a new map for DCS (maybe Marianas / Iwo Jima WWII version), so it remains to support the authors of SA map of course 🙂. For me it was the first day purchase too. I dont regret any cents :thumbup: however I hope that the team will do some optimalization on low level, for copters pilot like me for example.

Edited by YoYo
  • Like 1

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

3 hours ago, Steel Jaw said:

How does VR performance compare to say Caucuses or Nevada or PG?

For me, noticeably better. It's superior in frame rate by a decent bit.  Reverb G1, 2080ti. 

And I only fly RW so we get kicked in the balls on this the most.

But this owes a bit to the fact that it's a mostly unpopulated area so you're not flying over dense, huge cities. 

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

Have fun. Don't suck. Kill bad guys. 👍

https://discord.gg/blacksharkden/

4 hours ago, Steel Jaw said:

For me runs great everywhere, but towns are suprisingly hard, like small bit of the marianas. This is suprising as I can fly over cities in Syria with minimal problem and Vega/Dubai with no issues and they appear much bigger with more objects than any of these towns. It could be that this will change with updates.  

Edited by Hoirtel

7 hours ago, Steel Jaw said:

I don't want repeat my thoughts, so here you have topic about this from my side and the others. Map needs optimalisation on urban and forest area. If you will fly jets above 1000-1500 ft the FPS are ok (but its normal, LODs are small or smallest + photo textures has better performance than normal), if you fly low, on urban area you can expect stutter from low to big, near unplayble.  Nevada (even on Las Vegas_ works better (but how big is LV!), Caucasus, Syria ect. I hope they improve it first 🤞 🤞🤞, but so far I can't hear anything.

btw. if you have more questions add it to this topic about VR performance, here is different title :bye_2:.

Edited by YoYo
  • Like 1

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Just another like here.

I already really enjoy the view when flying between those snow capped mountains,despite according to the road map they are still in very early stage development.

Can't image what it will be like when it's finished

great job👍

• Like 1

Kyoto Animation forever!