More vegetation pretty pls

YoYo

Hi,

what I wish, Id like to see more vegetation content here (but with no FPS impact for sure ;:smilewink:).

Map outside urban areas is very empty, I have feelings that Im back to Strike Fighers from beginning of 2000 🤗.

We have large areas of just grasses here but on photo texture (in many places) for example I see a very green area, I think there should be trees here, e.g.  Very good example for me is Syria map and Caucasus (or ... MSFS with photo textures + autogen in this area).  There is a lot going on here on ground and its not boring because of it. :bye_2:

Pls to add more bushes and trees in the future (but remember about FPS pls).

SF:

VJZzbWdl.jpg

SA:

2LSkndgl.jpg

h7FF1aWl.jpg

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

The Falklands are notably barren IRL too.

• Like 1

Laptop Pilot. Alienware X17, i9 11980HK 5.0GHz, 16GB RTX 3080, 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, NVMe SSD. 2x TM Warthog, Hornet grip, Virpil CM2 & TPR pedals, FSSB-R3, Cougar throttle, Viper pit WIP (XBox360 when traveling). Rift S.

NTTR, SoH, Syria, Sinai, Channel, South Atlantic, CA, Supercarrier, FC3, A-10CII, F-5, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Harrier, M2000, F1, Viggen, MiG-21, Yak-52, L-39, MB-339, CE2, Gazelle, Ka-50, Mi-8, Mi-24, Huey, Apache, Spitfire, Mossie.  Wishlist: Tornado, Jaguar, Buccaneer, F-117 and F-111.

Falklands are more or less tundra.

That's how islands look way south or way north. Be it Falklands in the south or Shetland in the north. Its some grass, probably some peat and that's it. Most of the windswept islands on the Norwegian coasts looks like that too.

• Like 1

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

5 hours ago, Lace said:

The Falklands are notably barren IRL too.

Falkland are ok I suppose, but what about the rest South part of continent? Many empty textures are here too, like on Falkland islands.

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

2 hours ago, YoYo said:

Falkland are ok I suppose, but what about the rest South part of continent? Many empty textures are here too, like on Falkland islands.

Similar story. Very strong prevailing winds and saturated soil.  Not easy for trees to take hold.

Laptop Pilot. Alienware X17, i9 11980HK 5.0GHz, 16GB RTX 3080, 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, NVMe SSD. 2x TM Warthog, Hornet grip, Virpil CM2 & TPR pedals, FSSB-R3, Cougar throttle, Viper pit WIP (XBox360 when traveling). Rift S.

NTTR, SoH, Syria, Sinai, Channel, South Atlantic, CA, Supercarrier, FC3, A-10CII, F-5, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Harrier, M2000, F1, Viggen, MiG-21, Yak-52, L-39, MB-339, CE2, Gazelle, Ka-50, Mi-8, Mi-24, Huey, Apache, Spitfire, Mossie.  Wishlist: Tornado, Jaguar, Buccaneer, F-117 and F-111.

On 6/10/2022 at 1:58 PM, Gunfreak said:

Falklands are more or less tundra.

That's how islands look way south or way north. Be it Falklands in the south or Shetland in the north. Its some grass, probably some peat and that's it. Most of the windswept islands on the Norwegian coasts looks like that too.

At school my geography books classed Caithness, Orkney Islands and Shetland as Artic Tundra.

The hills and moors were bare up until comparatively recently when Fountain Forestry started planting wide swathes of pine trees over Caithness in the 1980s. Trees had not grown on those wind swept hillsides for about 5,000 years.

Trees would grow vertical up until they came out the shadow of the wall and then grow sideways with the wind, trees out of the towns look like an upside down "L" and don't get very big.

Living there and flying out of Wick Airport, the Falkland Islands in the SA map feels very familiar.    

• Like 1

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron

52 minutes ago, Alicatt said:

At school my geography books classed Caithness, Orkney Islands and Shetland as Artic Tundra.

The hills and moors were bare up until comparatively recently when Fountain Forestry started planting wide swathes of pine trees over Caithness in the 1980s. Trees had not grown on those wind swept hillsides for about 5,000 years.

Trees would grow vertical up until they came out the shadow of the wall and then grow sideways with the wind, trees out of the towns look like an upside down "L" and don't get very big.

Living there and flying out of Wick Airport, the Falkland Islands in the SA map feels very familiar.    

Yeah. Same thing happenes on the Norwegian islands to the west as well as higher up. Pines and spure disappear at about 900-1000 meter in the south, and a few hardcore mountain birch cling on in small dips in the mountain plateau, were they are somewhat protected from the wind. They look more like bushes. Maybe 2 meters tall at most. Crooked  looking things. Further north the tree line line ends at 500, then 300 meters etc. To the point where it more or less ends at sea level.

Edited by Gunfreak
  • Like 1

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

Honestly, I mean the mainland more than the islands, but since we're talking about it, it's not so flat and empty here:

QX3OwXA.jpg

kIgFqTc.jpg

tOwBCql.jpg

We have bushes, long grass (with many colours) and many rocks!

For me, the benchmark is Syria map of ED/Ugra, which showed that all this is possible while maintaining the correct optimization.

But it sure could do with more vegetation on land (SA part of this map)

• Like 1

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

About Falklands/Malvinas - maybe more stones like those on map? Looks really nice, and the island wouldn't look too empty?

UeNR5oq.jpg

• Like 4

Yoyosimsbanner.gif