When using offset, switching SOI resets the designation

Bankler

Repro

* Create an O/S from a waypoint or markpoint

* Set R MFD to FLIR

* Set L MFD to something else, that can be set as SOI (Laser Maverick page for instance)

* Press WPDSG

* Press O/S

* SCS RIght to set FLIR as SOI

* TDC Depress to make the FLIR designating sensor (don't go into Scene or Auto, remain in default Pointed mode)

* Use TDC to fine tune the aim point, looking at intended target

* SCS Left to set Mav (or whatever) to SOI

* BUG: The Tpod will now reset the designation to the initial O/S position, instead of remaining at your fine tuned designation

Remarks

* This makes the behaviour really awkward when firing an AGM-65E, since that missile requires you to change SOI to Uncage (and as a result of that, will drop the designation). Now you will have to switch back to FLIR again, to fine tune the aim one more time.

* The bug occurs regardless how you switch SOI, it's not tied to Maverick or the left MFD. Switching to SOI to JHMCS or anything else also causes the designation to be reset.

TRACK INCLUDED

Let me know if you need any more details! Cheers!

Hornet_Offset_SOI_Bug.trk

Edited by Bankler

• ED Team

Hi Bankler, 

I will need to look into the behaviour some more, 

when I refine the position I would then designate the new position, I am not sure if this is intended or not but will try to find out

thanks 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

reported to the team who will check the behaviour. 

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2