Прожекторы как средство навигации

I tried yesterday to make a searchlight just point upwards into the sky to act as a navigational aid for finding f.e. an airfield at night or in bad weather, but I failed to achieve the desired effect.

Does anyone know if it is somehow possible?

Kein Anderer als ein Jäger spürt,

Den Kampf und Sieg so konzentriert.

Das macht uns glücklich, stolz und froh,

Der Jägerei ein Horrido!

Yea, I used an orbiting plane to achieve the effect somehwat.

Maybe Reaper Drone works even better, will try. Thx!

I remember when the searchlights were still bugged and it was their standard behaviour to just shine straight up into the sky. Thought I could reproduce that somehow (scripting would be fine).

Kein Anderer als ein Jäger spürt,

Den Kampf und Sieg so konzentriert.

Das macht uns glücklich, stolz und froh,

Der Jägerei ein Horrido!

• 2 weeks later...

This is actually a really good idea. I was investigating my local airfield, and found they had a searchlight at the end of the runway as a navigational aid, possibly used in conjunction with the Beam Approach System.

Edited by stuart666

• 1 month later...
17 hours ago, Doughguy said:

Dont want to start a seperate thread as i basically have a similar question. 

I want a german kübelwagen (or any other german truck) to illuminate a runway for a mission at dawn. However ive not really managed to do so or find an option for this.

Anyone got a clue?

The only ground vehicle I know of that has the headlights modeled is the APC Tigr.

Using the search light to illuminate the runway with a low flying aircraft is not ideal either, as it will blind the pilot.

Only way I know of right now how to achieve this is by using mods that include lamps that do what you want to have.

• maximov changed the title to Прожекторы как средство навигации