DCS Newsletter discussion 10th June 2022 - South Atlantic is here | CVN-74 Free update

BIGNEWY

• ED Team

DCS Newsletter discussion 10th June 2022 - South Atlantic is here | CVN-74 Free update

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/news/newsletters/92ecdb7783c0cc576379e56cd6ccdcf3/

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

3 hours ago, Admiral_ZIPANGU said:

@BIGNEWY

Is the CVN-74 deck crew in the screenshot a static object? Or are there plans to support Supercarrier DLC in the future?

Haven't checked the Stennis after last update, but this screenshot shows kneeling crew.

So either it's AI crew, or ED is adding a kneeling static crew object 😉

In_Dev_10.06.2022.2.jpg

• Like 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

If high poly CVN-74 is free for all so should be high poly Admiral Kuznetsov and its other low poly model should be permanently removed from the game because it doesn't belong here in 2022. I can understand requirement to pay for advanced modeling in terms of systems and deck crew but 3D model and basic functionality of landing and taking off should be part of the base game at least for these two carriers since Supercarrier module is a thing.

Another approach is to remove ships from the base game all together and price them as separate asset DLC.

Of course not to mention that Kuznetsov doesn't get any attention, so far, in the Supercarrier module which it is part of... should it really be there in the first place?

• Like 6

Agreed, Kuznetzov should probably be free, although I'd love to eventually see it brought up to SC standards as far as the deck crew goes. 

That said, unless someone makes the Su-33, I don't see the Kuznetzov being more than a sideshow. FC3 just doesn't cut it these days. While the Su-33 is basically a navalized Su-27S (which ED suggested we might get), I don't think they'll get to it anytime soon, especially since it'd be ED making it, and they usually do one variant per module.

Edited by Dragon1-1
  • Like 2

We won't and for the era we're working with, the MiG-29K is not correct for the Kuznetsov, anyway. It was only sold to India in mid-2000s, when most of "modern" DCS is set. At that time, Su-33 was the only fighter flying from Kuznetsov. The MiGs didn't replace them until 2016 or so. 

• Like 1