Mi8 hardpoints missing

v81

Yes... already reported

8 years ago...

And several times since.

This is game breaking in that if when playing multiplayer i want to slot for troop transport or logistics i remove hardpoints to reduce weight and get better visibility without the gun sight, then i cannot re-add the hard points

Additional Info:

Hardpoints appear for a moment only at time hardpoint 5 is loaded and flicks off again immediately when loading points 3,4,2,5
Hardpoints also appear for a moment only when loading hardpoint 1 and disappear when 6 is loaded when loading when loading all points - but this was not consistent.

Attached is a demo mission file and also a track from same mission.
This has been reproduced over and over and I'd love to see it fixed.

Mi8 missing hardpoints.trk Single FARP support vehicles test.miz

• Like 2

R7 3800X - 32Gig RAM -- All SSD -- GTX1070 -- TM Warthog, MFG Crosswinds & TiR

• 1 month later...

It also happens in the Mission Editor. Easy to reproduce:

Edited by Xupicor
  • Like 1
  • Windows 11 Pro, RTX4090 (24GB), 5950X @ 4.3GHz, 64GB RAM @ 3000MHz, M.2 SSD 8TB, Pimax Crystal
  • Modules and maps: All of 'em. (It's a problem...)

You sure that it's not an issue with the skin?

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

5 hours ago, Xupicor said:

Pretty sure it happens with default skins just as well.

Have you checked?

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

On 7/31/2022 at 11:09 AM, Mr_sukebe said:

Have you checked?

Yes, I did, works exactly like on the video. Just to confirm it again, I did it right now with "Georgian Standard" skin you get when doing Instant Action Cold Start on Caucasus.

• Like 1
  • Windows 11 Pro, RTX4090 (24GB), 5950X @ 4.3GHz, 64GB RAM @ 3000MHz, M.2 SSD 8TB, Pimax Crystal

• 4 weeks later...

ED - I'm fairly determined to not see another 8 years pass before this is fixed.

How about some action?

Surely when a bug gets this old it deserves some special attention.

• Like 3

Maybe a little celebration when it gets fixed, but with soda and some bbq. We really don't want the bug to be old enough to drink!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Still present...

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/30/2022 at 6:17 AM, Tiger-II said:

Still present...

Not long now and it will be 9 years.

But we have clouds right?

You can put lipstick on a pig but it's still a pig.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

The "reported earlier" tag is an euphemism at this point. Yes, it was reported, 9 years ago !

The bug is literally repeatable in the mission editor in 30 sec.

I can get that this is not a priority but NINE YEARS seems a tad excessive for something this obvious.

And if only it was the only one... I also follow this one (5 years old):

Similarly repeatable in the ME in 30 sec, affects literally all the livery; has been fixed by a community member three years ago, not implemented by ED.

I am a bit puzzled on how they manage the priority of the bugs; even if they are non game breaking should they take 5years or more to get fixed ? 

• Like 4

• 6 months later...