'No Instant Action' Chuckles

VFA41_Hedgehog

Yeah, ridiculous that 3.5 years into development it was released with zero instant action options.

But what's kinda hilarious is the fanbois saying, 'It's early access!  They probably didn't have time to add them!' and in the same breath saying, 'It only takes 3 seconds do it yourself!'

Do you see how these statements are kinda contradictory and self-defeating?

---------------------------------------

[EDIT: based on the responses below, they do not.]

Edited by VFA41_Hedgehog
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3

bahog2trn.gif
VFA-41 Black Aces
www.vfa-41.com

4 hours ago, VFA41_Hedgehog said:

Yeah, ridiculous that 3.5 years into development it was released with zero instant action options.

But what's kinda hilarious is the fanbois saying, 'It's early access!  They probably didn't have time to add them!' and in the same breath saying, 'It only takes 3 seconds do it yourself!'

I guess the people whining about taking the three-seconds to make a flight are the same people whining that they have to open their own beer. 

If that's a problem, well, you don't have any problems. 🍺

• Like 1

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

I think it has nothing to do with early access.
the 3 seconds statement is more likely aimed at those who complain about no free flight missions available.

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

17 minutes ago, VFA41_Hedgehog said:

Right.  If I'd paid $56 for a beer, it damned sure better come opened!  And in a chilled mug!  Served by an attractive young lady with a much better attitude!

You payed $56 for a beer that lasts 5+ years, and actually gets better with time.

• Like 3

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

I said it in another thread, Razbam are creating the map, is it really their job to also create missions for all the aircraft modules ?

I can only speak for the modules I own, but for example, there are also no missions for the Harrier or the Gazelle on the Syria map. Marianas doesn´t have missions for A-10 or Harrier or Gazelle or TF-51

They have given access to this map to certain mission designers and there already is a "Through the inferno" mission for south atlantic, so I don´t really see the problem. Just download that and you´re good to go.

Edited by Eugel
  • Like 5

For what it's worth I was surprised and disappointed that they couldn't be bothered to throw in some instant action missions to show off their creation. Especially considering they have taken so long to develop and release it. I think it will take a few years before they have it up to a good standard. As someone who isn't into messing with mission editor etc, would have been nice if the developers could have populated some airfield traffic etc and created instant access missions. All seems a bit amateur to me and I slightly regret buying it in the state it's in. Oh well I guess that's what early access is, but I hope they can add these soon.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, VFA41_Hedgehog said:

Right.  If I'd paid $56 for a beer, it damned sure better come opened!  And in a chilled mug!  Served by an attractive young lady with a much better attitude!

Fair enough.

Then again, if it was served by an attractive young lady with a much better attitude, the last thing on your mind would be complaining about whether she opened it or not. :smoke:

On 6/11/2022 at 10:50 AM, VFA41_Hedgehog said:

Oh come on.

I can make an "instant action" mission in 30 seconds flat - there's no issue here.

Don't expect RAZBAM to anticipate what aircraft you own, what you want to fly against etc. Or were they supposed to make several missions for every single 

available aircraft? It's EA, I think they're quite busy enough on the map itself. You could have made an instant action mission in the time it took you to post on this thread.

Oops...

I think I might have accidentally made an 'instant action' mission while I was typing this.

Edited by Gambit21
  • Like 3

Simiple solution. Don't buy it until its complete. Anyone buying any early access module should expect a  broken or mostly incomplete product. And even if it is complete they still manage to break things with every update. That is how this game company rolls. No one has a gun to your head as far as I know. This is  not meant to offend any snowflakes btw.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

17 hours ago, Gambit21 said:

Oh come on.

I can make an "instant action" mission in 30 seconds flat - there's no issue here.

Don't expect RAZBAM to anticipate what aircraft you own, what you want to fly against etc...or were they supposed to make several missions for ever single 

available aircraft? It's EA, I think they're quite busy enough on the map itself. You could have made an instant action mission in the time it took you to post on this thread.

Oops...

I think I might have accidentally made an 'instant action' mission while I was typing this.

I accidently made two "instant action" missions while reading that.

• Like 1

And BTW, another shameless push, I am adding this map to my BFM practice mission set V2. It is a combination of the Caucasus and the PG map, of which the cloud below is a death trap. Preview video below:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

5 hours ago, RaisedByWolves said:

Simiple solution. Don't buy it until its complete. Anyone buying any early access module should expect a  broken or mostly incomplete product. And even if it is complete they still manage to break things with every update. That is how this game company rolls. No one has a gun to your head as far as I know. This is  not meant to offend any snowflakes btw.

This.

It also applies to every module released in Early Access. 

2 hours ago, myHelljumper said:

As previously said, we will be adding instant action mission sometime soon for Razbam aircraft, ED and other 3rd parties need to provide instant action mission for their aircraft.

At one point, some people are just going to have to embrace the horror, learn to open the Mission Editor, and spend the three-seconds required to make a flight. 

And if they do, they will also discover the wonderful wonderfulness of the Mission Editor. 😊

• Like 1

When I go to the McDonald's drive-thru and order a hamburger, I generally expect a 'ready to eat' product, not the parts to make a hamburger with the admonition to 'make it yourself, it only takes 3 seconds!'

Then again, I guess I've never ordered an early access hamburger.

Edited by VFA41_Hedgehog
  • Like 2

bahog2trn.gif
VFA-41 Black Aces
www.vfa-41.com

7 hours ago, VFA41_Hedgehog said:

When I go to the McDonald's drive-thru and order a hamburger, I generally expect a 'ready to eat' product, not the parts to make a hamburger with the admonition to 'make it yourself, it only takes 3 seconds!'

DCS has early access hamburgers in the Mission Editor.

But we shouldn't eat them. Just let them graze and be happy. 🙂

Screen_180924_145112.png

On 6/11/2022 at 2:15 PM, VFA41_Hedgehog said:

No, I don't - they're working on making a map, so I expect them to work on well, a map. Especially when said map still has lots of work that needs doing.

Surely the thing that should take all the priority is finishing said map? And if there's anything that should be right on the bottom of the list of priorities, it's instant action missions, especially when users are able to create them themselves.

23 hours ago, VFA41_Hedgehog said:

Never mind ordering hamburgers, the restaurant isn't even complete yet.

And if the restaurant isn't even built yet, surely the thing that makes the most sense is to focus on completing the restaurant?

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

21 hours ago, VFA41_Hedgehog said:

Aren't these comparisons kind of silly? When I bought my PC I had to build it myself. Why didn't it come assembled like a burger? Because it's not a burger. Why don't my burgers come with GPS like my car? Because they're not cars.

Also thinking about it, making something as simple as a free flight mission for a map seems kind of silly when DCS has both a mission editor and a fast mission generator that allow you to make a variety of free flight missions for zero effort while also better handling the multi module nature of DCS in my opinion.

• Like 2

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files