general questions about graphics

Chinga

I just yesterday upgraded my graphics card from a 2070 to a 3080ti. Rest of system is i7-10700k @ 5.0 (all cores), 32 gig ram @ 3200,dcs on samsung ssd,corsair 850 watt ps. On the caucasus instant action start on runway..im getting high 70's to low 80's frame rate. In other missions with other modules im well in the 100's. Is it just the ah64 thats graphics intense? I thought id be seeing way higher frames with this card. With the 2070 i was getting in the 50's or are my expectations of a 1100.00 graphics card too high. What concerns me also is that i wanna dabble in vr. i have an occulus quest 2. If i cant get a steady 90 frames in non vr..i wont be able to maintain 45 in vr correct?

Edited by Chinga

1 hour ago, Chinga said:

Is it just the ah64 that's graphics intense? I thought id be seeing way higher frames with this card ... are my expectations of a 1100.00 graphics card too high

When flying the DCS Apache, yes.

The Apache has many MFD's, the IHADS, etc. i.e. if you look over your CP/G's shoulders you'll see their screens change/render accurately as they change weapons/modes. This plus the normal FPS hit of rendering rotor blade shadows, etc. mean we simply don't get the high fps you are looking for without dialling down the settings for VR or using texture replacement packs.

I feel ED probably have done as well as they could, as the Apache's FPS isn't much lower than the Mi-24P/Mi-8 (obviously I'd like better but I don't think it's an easy fix).

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080