SNAP VIEWS in VR????

DishDoggie

Can someone tell me if SNAP VIEWS can work in VR. Then Hold my hand and tell me the walkthrough procedure for making them work. I already know how to make the SNAP VIEWS and have them made and key bound, They just don't work in VR. When I am out of VR they work fine.

WHY? because I am 66 years old and cant turn my head around 180 like an OWL to see bad guys on my 6 that keep smoking my old ass. Trick IR can do it so WHY THE F not in VR lol remember I'm a grumpy old guy.

I believe that vrnecksafer will help you out 🙂

Ryzen7 7800X3D / RTX3080ti / 64GB DDR5 4800 / Varjo Aero / Leap Motion / Kinect Headtracking
TM 28" Warthog Deltasim Hotas / DIY Pendular Rudders / DIY Cyclic Maglock Trimmer / DIY Abris / TM TX 599 evo wheel / TM T3PA pro / DIY 7+1+Sequential Shifter / DIY Handbrake / Cobra Clubman Seat
Shoehorned into a 43" x 43" cupboard.

https://gitlab.com/NobiWan/vrnecksafer

Don't use it myself (being a spritely 43 with fortunately no neck pain!) but I believe that a number of people here do.  I think that essentially after a certain amount of head rotation in VR it starts angle snapping backwards so you can watch your six without having to owl 🙂

edit: apologies on my behalf to some extent, just because I know of the existence/functionality of a bit of software by name doesn't mean that the name should automatically mean anything to anyone else!

Edited by edmuss
  • Like 1

Ryzen7 7800X3D / RTX3080ti / 64GB DDR5 4800 / Varjo Aero / Leap Motion / Kinect Headtracking
TM 28" Warthog Deltasim Hotas / DIY Pendular Rudders / DIY Cyclic Maglock Trimmer / DIY Abris / TM TX 599 evo wheel / TM T3PA pro / DIY 7+1+Sequential Shifter / DIY Handbrake / Cobra Clubman Seat
Shoehorned into a 43" x 43" cupboard.

OP does not have enough question marks or caps in the title to get results...

In the meantime edmuss already kindly gave you all the info you need. Twice.

Check a few thread down for ---- Necksafer.

Edited by dburne
  • Like 1

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

The Kindness of People can fill you with Happiness and a gratitude for the time and education they are willing to give you. I truly thank you @edmuss and @Nodak I had no Intention to offend anyone with my use of Caps and Question marks in the title or my total ignorance of the topic of vrnecksafe. I apologize for my profound lack of understanding. I am thankful you both have reach out to help me. Fly Fast and Be Victorious Thank You Very Much.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, arb65912 said:

@DishDoggie Hello, you question was answered but I want to ask YOU a question. I will be 66 in October, so I guess I can derail your thread. 😉

I want you to tell me about your experience with Track IR, please.

Should I use PM for asking you?

Thanks!!!!!

What do you want to know about TIR?, you can PM me if you wish to.  I use TIR, I'm 65, so I'm going to go VR eventually and I do have serious neck problems from my time in USN... So I'm following to see how it works for DishDoggie.

:drinks_cheers:

Sempre Fortis

21 minutes ago, 352nd_Hoss said:

What do you want to know about TIR?, you can PM me if you wish to.  I use TIR, I'm 65, so I'm going to go VR eventually and I do have serious neck problems from my time in USN... So I'm following to see how it works for DishDoggie.

Sent you PM. 😉

16 hours ago, 352nd_Hoss said:

Hello I am sorry if I mislead you I use VR not track IR and I do not know anything about it other then People LOVE it and it works very well for flat screen flying.

16 hours ago, arb65912 said:

Sent you PM. 😉

Sorry I Did get my answer to my Question and I thank You Very much for the kind offer. I am good Thank you

38 minutes ago, arb65912 said:

@DishDoggie Hello, not a problem. I am just getting some info before jumping in. 🙂

The water is warm...

😇

Edited by dburne
  • Like 1

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|