Engine quits on takeoff

Every now and then when taking off, then engine will quit around its rotation speed. Happens very rarely, but when a friend and I were practicing bomb dropping I could not takeoff because it cut out every single time. I looked through all my engine instruments and everything were in limits. I am wondering if anyone else has this issue and if they know the way around it.

Pls, include track with your problem, otherwise we can play guessing game all day long with no effect, so many reasons for engine cut outs.

At least can you give more details if you unable to upload track, i can tell you that every one who come here with question about this matter says that "everything was in limits" or "everything was in green" but after further investigation turns out that something was wrong 😛

So we can start with assumption that something went wrong, i think we can agree on that. 

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

in my experience the only times when it quits on take off is when I didn't wait long enough for the oil pressure to be within the allowed limits.

nullBefore the take off always do an engine run up to the 2,500 rpm whilst observing the OIL pressure gauge making sure the need stays in the Blue, i.e. below 100.

image.png

7 hours ago, grafspee said:

2500rpm rather hardcore engine run up, i do run up at 30' per manual.

right on the manual 🙂 .. 

I do my run ups to see if DCS won't falter... it's wrong.. but this way it doesn't die since it's a game and all.. with bugs and stuff.. 🙂

7 hours ago, Tinysnipe said:

Right, I do the run up to test for that exact reason, and everything seems fine, so I guess I'll see how I get grilled by Grafspee 😅

I think we need a 'failed take off' track from you to try it and see if we achieve the same result..  🙂

Edited by peachmonkey

Do you link any engine controls (Boost+Throttle or Prop)? Was Prop RPM lever all the way forward and pitch control in auto? Was manifold pressure below 52''? Applying turbosupercharger boost on takeoff may result in overboosting and bad things happening to the engine, especially if oil temp is below 50 or RPM is below 2700 (or even <2550).

• Like 1

Forgot to ask, but what kind of "engine quit" are we talking about ? Is it lost of power but engine keep rotating or is it abrupt stop ?

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor