GBU-24 with positive release angles

TobiasA
Go to solution Solved by BIGNEWY,

I can't get a release whenever I use a release angle of 10 degrees up- the release cue flashes, but no release when pulling up to 10 degrees pitch. I could get a release just fine in level or dive release.
Is this implemented yet?

• ED Team
  • Solution

Hi, 

based on information we have the GBU-24 has a very limited loft angle. 

Max pitch up angle for GBU-24 is 10 degrees 

thanks 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Release should be inhibited for flight path angles (not pitch) above 10 degrees. Bits should disappear from the HUD display as this limit is exceeded. The same goes for FPA of steeper than -60 and for lateral misses of more than 10 degrees azimuth left/right.

That +10 degree limit is for the release limits of the jet's LAR calculations. The pubs state that the F-16 doesn't support greater than a 10 degree nose high release on the GBU-24 in the modes we currently have.

If you want to loft GBU-24s (which should be a lot of fun), i think we have to wait for the implementation of manual release mode. And then it will be up to us to figure out at what range, speed, and angle to release the bomb for optimal flight path, and when to start lasing.

Until then, I'm pretty happy with how closely the bomb is matching what it should do based on the publically available info out there. Point and shoot mode has been a lot of fun -- I'm always imputing +10 degrees into the control page to give myself the largest LAR window, and rolling in from about 5nm to the target to give myself a ~20 degree dive angle. Lasing the last 15-20 seconds works good too.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Dances, PhD

Jet Hobo

https://v65th.wordpress.com/