Q about TGP.

abbod31
Go to solution Solved by Bunny Clark,

I'm using the targeting pod but I cant figure out ow to reset the pods after designating.

I thought that pressing undesignate would reset the pods view but it doesn't.

I'm afraid I'm not clear about the problem.to clarify after designating a target I want to reset the view of pod to face ahead but its stuck where it was.

Thankyou.   

• Solution

Why would you like to re-center the pod? If you're looking to get the pod onto a visually acquired target, you have two options:

VVSLV (Velocity Vector SLaVe) - this is an option you can select with an MFD button or quickly access with a double-tap of the NWS Undesignate button. It will, as the name implies, slave the pod to your velocity vector on the HUD. This is a good way to "fly" the pod onto a target.

With no active designation, a weapon in Auto bombing mode, and the HUD/HMD set as the Priority sensor, you should see an aiming pipper in both the HUD and HMD. Point this at a target, hit the TDC Designate button, and you will create a ground target designating wherever you were looking, and the pod will jump to that point. This is a great way to quickly target anything you can see in any direction.

Edited by Bunny Clark

13.06.2022 в 00:33, Tholozor сказал:

Alternatively, press the VVSLV option, does the same thing as double-pressing Undesignate.

I'll ask here on the topic of TGP. Can I see on the TGP the targets I have entered for JDAM in PP mode? For example, in mission 10 Raven One, I enter four coordinates for each bomb on two hardpoints. How to see them on TGP while close to the target?

1 minute ago, vitdor said:

I'll ask here on the topic of TGP. Can I see on the TGP the targets I have entered for JDAM in PP mode? For example, in mission 10 Raven One, I enter four coordinates for each bomb on two hardpoints. How to see them on TGP while close to the target?

AFAIK not possible to slave sensors to a PP mission designation. One thing you could though, is duplicate the PP coordinates into a waypoint and WPDSG to slave sensors to it since the JDAM will ignore the TGT designation in PP mode.

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

1 минуту назад, Tholozor сказал:

Насколько я знаю, невозможно подчинить датчики назначению миссии PP. Одна вещь, которую вы могли бы сделать, это продублировать координаты PP в путевой точке и WPDSG для подчиненных датчиков, поскольку JDAM будет игнорировать обозначение TGT в режиме PP.

Thanks for the idea! This is really the solution.