Gaffer’s DCS F-16C Tutorials

Hi everyone. I put together several tutorials for the DCS F-16C over the last few weeks. I have around a dozen on my YouTube channel covering everything from the the Fly-By-Wire system, SEAD using a variety of weapons against different SAM systems (including the Grumble) and how to get a great approach and landing. 

Enjoy!

Edited by GafferDCS
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

AKA Gaffer

Hello,

I haven't watched everything yet, but the video of the F-16 landing is very informative. I'll watch the rest of the videos one by one. I am particularly interested in the subject of FBW and Trim. Btw: Are there such videos for the M2k?

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

I just watched the video about FBW and Trim. Question: If you pull such a high AOA on the F-16C (25 - 30 AOA), shouldn't the wings break at some point? Or the wing mounts? It's the same with the Mi-21 and JF-17. Or is that related to the G-forces? I'm no expert so I'm asking.

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

3 hours ago, kotor633 said:

I just watched the video about FBW and Trim. Question: If you pull such a high AOA on the F-16C (25 - 30 AOA), shouldn't the wings break at some point? Or the wing mounts? It's the same with the Mi-21 and JF-17. Or is that related to the G-forces? I'm no expert so I'm asking.

Stress on the airframe is tied to G forces, not AOA. I’m not aware of anything for the Mirage. 

Thanks for watching

Edited by GafferDCS

AKA Gaffer

Excellent videos, some really good tips and info. Really like your explanation of TAS vs CAS. Great sound/vid quality too. 

System: Core i9 10980XE @ 4.00GHz -- MB: X299 UD4 Pro -- 32GB RAM -- RTX4070ti -- 1TB Intel NVMe x2 -- Win10 pro

I've really enjoyed all the videos that you've done so far. To me they're an excellent middle ground between some of the hour long, super in-depth tutorials out there and the short, bare-bones "this is how you do it". There's a place for all three in DCS training videos.

There's something wholesome about being able to find a new YouTube channel in 2022 - I was subscriber 300 or something. Keep up the good work!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Dermax1 said:

I've really enjoyed all the videos that you've done so far. To me they're an excellent middle ground between some of the hour long, super in-depth tutorials out there and the short, bare-bones "this is how you do it". There's a place for all three in DCS training videos.

There's something wholesome about being able to find a new YouTube channel in 2022 - I was subscriber 300 or something. Keep up the good work!

Thank you! Now I just need to find time to record a few more. I've seen some good suggestions in the comments and I have a few ideas of my own.

• Like 1

AKA Gaffer

Thanks for these, Gaffer!  With all the recent changes, I was looking for some tutorials that were "current".  

I am new to the Viper, but not DCS.  Flew the Hornet for years, so coming to the Viper isn't a huge learning curve, but I need some training nonetheless.

Thanks.

• Like 1

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod