Aim 54a Vs C

OldIronsides

Not as far as i know, the C received better better guidance and digital electronics that makes it better than the aim-54a in every aspect, But unfortunately are not modeled in dcs as if now. Aim54a outperforms the c

5 hours ago, OldIronsides said:

Read alot of conflicting info here. Was there ever any improvement in DCS to the C variant? 

Nah, not really.

Kinematically, the A Mk47 is slightly more performing than the C Mk47, and the A Mk60 is, since day-one, the most performing Phoenix overall. Its more powerful rocket motor allows it to arrive faster at the target, thus reducing the window the target has to defend, and offsetting partially the loss of energy of the Phoenix when it manoeuvres (it's a big guy), and the guidance (particularly important at mid-low altitude).

The C, on paper, has a better resistance to chaffs. However, DCS is a lottery when it comes to CM and I have found that going faster > the little advantage over chaffs, specific scenarios aside. But, at some point, this will change: the first, simple, ECM implementation round is coming to DCS. The guidance of the C should also be much more "smooth" and there are other neat advantages, making it very scary vs fighters.

The question is when we will get it. That's a question that ED, more than HB, can answer (32 months and counting, since the new API was announced).

• Like 4
full_tiny.pngfull_tiny.png
full_tiny.png

"Cogito, ergo RIO"
Virtual Backseaters Volume I: F-14 Radar Intercept Officer - Fifth Public Draft
Virtual Backseaters Volume II: F-4E Weapon Systems Officer - Internal Draft WIP

Phantom Phamiliarisation Video Series | F-4E/F-14 Kneeboard Pack

9 hours ago, OldIronsides said:

Read alot of conflicting info here. Was there ever any improvement in DCS to the C variant?

Yes, last time 8th June, every time 54s get updates so does the C but there is nothing new specific to that version.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

• 2 weeks later...