What FPS do you get with a RTX3080 and G2?

Dentedend10

I’m just wondering what other people’s experience is with regards to FPS with a 3080 and a Reverb G2.

I usually get around 30, unfortunately I can’t say gameplay is smooth. I’ve played around some with the settings following a guide but I am unwilling to sacrifice the high cockpit resolution for now. 

Alienware Aurora R10, Ryzen 5800X3D, RTX4080, 32GB RAM, Pimax Crystal, Winwing F18 throttle, VKB Gunfighter F14 Stick, VKB Modern Combat Grip, Logitech Rudder pedals, DOF Reality H3

I get a fairly solid 45 with my 3090 in most maps, Channel, and marianas being the big exceptions, though occasional drops to 30 still happen, incrilick for example.

My guide is somewhat put of date, as I use opencomposite these days, but, the relative performance improvements and costs are still valid to show you places you can get perf benefits.

Of the top of my head, shadows, clouds, and over doing MSAA are some of the heavy hitters, ymmv

(as Edmuss points out below) that's with reprojection locked

Edited by speed-of-heat
  • Like 1

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

On the other side with a 3070 I get around 65-70fps on Caucasus and 55-65 on Syria. Marianas gets it down below 50.

This is without reprojection, if I turn it on then typically I'll be locked to 45 on Caucasus and Syria and 30 over the islands on Marianas.

Textures high, the rest medium apart from clouds low, shadows low/flat and no MSAA, G2 running openxr at 90% resolution with FFR on quality/wide preset.

All of the above is based on GPU load only, CPU load can obviously drag it down.

• Like 1

Ryzen7 7800X3D / RTX3080ti / 64GB DDR5 4800 / Varjo Aero / Leap Motion / Kinect Headtracking
TM 28" Warthog Deltasim Hotas / DIY Pendular Rudders / DIY Cyclic Maglock Trimmer / DIY Abris / TM TX 599 evo wheel / TM T3PA pro / DIY 7+1+Sequential Shifter / DIY Handbrake / Cobra Clubman Seat
Shoehorned into a 43" x 43" cupboard.

15 minutes ago, Leader98 said:

Does it make sense to add the CPU in this comparison?

It does, as well as the module, and even the altitude. Flying low-level in Syria in the Apache won't give you the same performance as up high in a F-15C due to sensors, MFDs, cockpit and outside level of detail...

I have a 3080 (undervolted) with G2 (5600X, 32GB of RAM). I get between 45 and 60, using high settings generally (but no MSAA). These are Syria measurements in modern modules (Mi-24, AH-64, F-16) which I fly the most. I use OpenXR, it was a notable improvement for me (basically allowed to go from 45 to 60 in many cases and see a clear smoothness improvement, especially noticeable when moving my head around).

Edited by Qiou87
  • Like 1

AMD R7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200MHz | RTX 4080S 16GB | Varjo Aero | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk3 + STECS + pedals

I mostly fly the F14 in Caucasus or Nevada. After your guys’ suggestion I turned MSAA off, and clouds from ultra to high. I think there is some improvement. Textures are medium. In the air over water FPS is hovering between 35-60 Id say. However, on the deck, I’m happy if I get 30. 
I have a 5700x Ryzen and 32Gb ram. 
Unfortunately I can’t use OpenXR, as I need SteamVR for my motion SIM. 
thanks for all the suggestions. 

Alienware Aurora R10, Ryzen 5800X3D, RTX4080, 32GB RAM, Pimax Crystal, Winwing F18 throttle, VKB Gunfighter F14 Stick, VKB Modern Combat Grip, Logitech Rudder pedals, DOF Reality H3

Perhaps make a screenshot of your settings page. Navada and Caucasus are the least demanding maps, so you should get better results.

Make sure, wake turbulence is off (game settings).

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

On 6/15/2022 at 10:39 AM, Hiob said:

Perhaps make a screenshot of your settings page. Navada and Caucasus are the least demanding maps, so you should get better results.

Make sure, wake turbulence is off (game settings).

Hi Hiob,

attached is a screenshot of my settings.

On the Marianas, up at altitude, I was getting 55 FPS. Also in the P51D in the Caucasus at sunset (Lochini landing challenge)

In the Tomcat, just doing case I recoveries in the Caucasus it's barely at 30 though.

on the other hand, MSFS gives me a smooth experience. I have a slight overclocking of the GPU.

DCS settings.png

Edited by Dentedend10

• 3 weeks later...

I get between 50 and 90, channel map is worst for me.   The trick for me was to go in to steam VR and set the resolution to 50% then open the the pre-app setting and set the multiplier to 40%, in DCS I crank IP up to 1.7.   Seems pretty clear to me and frames are good.  The resolution and multiplier setting in steam vr were the only ones that really improved my performance.  

• Like 1