Legacy Harriers?

TheTrooper

Hi I was wondering with the release of the South Atlantic map if RASBAM have an appetite for creating legacy Harriers like that used during the Falklands conflict?

-----------------------------------------------

Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-6700 (3.4GHz) 8MB Cache | 32GB HyperX FURY DDR4 2133MHz | MSI GeForce RTX 2070 ARMOR 8G |SSD 1TB 970 EVO Plus M.2

Hope this helps:

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

Those skins look lovely👍

Just read Harrier 809 and the discussions around the 809 NAS Barley Grey / Light Sea Grey FRS.1s delivered to the Task Force by Atlantic Conveyor. Seems that the light grey Harriers didn’t go down well with the 800 and 801 COs…!

For more legacy Sea Harrier posts and likelihood of a Razbam FRS.1, See here.

Would be good to get an FRS.1 at some point - seems like the AV-8B / Harrier II lacked the thrust : weight and acceleration of the Sea Harrier

• Like 1

I wonder if some modders could do to the harrrier what some have done to the Su27 and F16. They've made a full fidelity Su35, and made the F16 sufa. That's some pretty impressive stuff.  Mabye same can be done with AV-8B? Make it into a Frs1 or probably easier GR3.

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

5 hours ago, rkk01 said:

Just read Harrier 809 and the discussions around the 809 NAS Barley Grey / Light Sea Grey FRS.1s delivered to the Task Force by Atlantic Conveyor. Seems that the light grey Harriers didn’t go down well with the 800 and 801 COs…!

It did look terrible but as I understand it was to match the South Atlantic environment, why did the COs object?

44 minutes ago, Gunfreak said:

I wonder if some modders could do to the harrrier what some have done to the Su27 and F16. They've made a full fidelity Su35, and made the F16 sufa. That's some pretty impressive stuff.  Mabye same can be done with AV-8B? Make it into a Frs1 or probably easier GR3.

I would love for an FA2 or FRS1 model but lacking the radar information, it would be kind of pointless imo. It would look bloody good though.

1 hour ago, CornAddict said:

It did look terrible but as I understand it was to match the South Atlantic environment, why did the COs object?

809s aircraft and aircrew were divided up between 800 on Hermes and 801 on Invincible. I think the COs wanted uniformity and compliance.  The 809 NAS Phoenix tail badges were painted out, but the light grey scheme and low vis roundels couldn’t be changed at sea

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, CornAddict said:

I would love for an FA2 or FRS1 model but lacking the radar information, it would be kind of pointless imo. It would look bloody good though.

Well it would be a mod. As long as you get the power, flight model, weapons etc correct. I could live with a bit generic air to air radar based on best guesstimate based on what info you could scrounge up online.  Until razbam makes the proper thing(if they end up making one)

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.