SIMAPP PRO - "Unknown publisher" problem. Unrecognized app.

carter74

I'm a WWSIMSTORE (WinWing) customer. Recently purchased PTO and VAT panels for F/A-18. I like the overall quality and how they work. The problem is that these panels have the feedback with DCS and some of features like LED blinking and highlighting the buttons require of using original software, but original software for all WW hardware doesn't have Microsoft signature. And this is a bit disappointing. I'm very concern about security of my PC and for me this is important. I never install the software which is not checked by MS and doesn't have signature. I also believe that if a company operates in the global market, it must obey certain rules of this market. I would like to have professional technical support and the software. I still cannot use these panels as it was designed for. Completely on 100% because, like I wrote, the software doesn't have a signature. So the questions here:

1) Could you please sign your software and put it to Microsoft Windows app store ? I want to see this software as software I can trust.

2) If you cannot or don't want to for some reasons:

2.1) Could you please make it open source ? I want to see what I'm installing on my PC.

2.2) If you cannot or don't want to for some reasons all above, then can you please allow the hardware work also as a STAND-ALONE mode without feedback with DCS? As a professional developer I'm sure that must be easy. I mean, is that possible to update firmware the way when I wouldn't need to use original software to see "landing gear" LED blinking on the panel when I turn it off/on and also turn on/off light under buttons like "a/a, a/g, alr67, ctr, li, lo, ri, ro". For example when you plug these panels into the PC then the firmware checks if SIMAPP PRO is running, and if it's not then switch them completely to stand-alone mode and light the LEDs when I'm pushing the buttons without any feedback from DCS? 

Thanks. Looking forward to your reply.

3.jpg

Edited by carter74

You won't get a response from Winwing here. Log into their site and log a ticket.

In the mean time just allow it to install. I've been using Simappro for over 2yrs with no problems

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir