besoin d aide svp

PLUTON

When I want to fly in vr I turn on the headset I launch dcs open beta steam vr launches automatically and the hangar appears and I choose the mission in which I want to fly, as soon as the download is finished I find myself in the cockpit and I have 5 or 6 fps on the counter and instead of it running at 16 or 17ms it goes up between 80 or 140 ms, of course you can imagine that it's unplayable (on any map) so I have to restart my pc several times and redo the whole process several times (between 3 and 10 times) before everything works as normal, that is to say 45 fps and 16 or 17 ms and smooth as butter. and the next day we start again. do not understand what is happening then if there is a charitable soul who has understood, let her know.
Thanks a lot
Excuse my English massacre🤒

Hey Pluton,

What VR set are you using?
It might also be helpful to let us know what CPU and GPU you have.

Br,

Mud

Spoiler

W10-x64 | Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra | Core i7 9700K @ 4.8Ghz | Noctua NH-D15

Corsair 32Gb 3200 | MSI RTX 3080ti Gaming X

Asus Xonar AE | TM Hotas Warthog

MFG Crosswind pedals | Valve Index

Check your running programs in task manager. Sounds like you have something really eating into your CPU resources,

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

you can find resources on vr4dcs website/discord channel.  Generally Dburne is correct the first thing is to llok for rogue processes, put the vr compositors etc as high priority, and set HAGS / game mode (off mostly but depends on which windows u use).

I also find that closing browsers seems to help for me.  I see u r running flightpanels... might be a culprit too (I have no experience there so just pointing potential. things to try).

Good debug practice is to not launch any program u use on top of DCS (vrkneeboard type add ons) as sometimes they interefere badly for no obvious reason.

Hope u manage to fix that because frustration takes the fun away!

i9 14900K / 64GB / RTX 4090 / Varjo Aero / Winwing Orion2 + F15EX / Virpil Wrbrd + Alpha Stick + ACE pedals

yeah because I'm tired of spending 3 hours for it to work and flying 1/2 hour and starting the next day the same thing; because the worst thing is that when it works 45fps fixed and fluid and when it starts to mess up it's between 6 and 20 fps and between 30 and 150 ms, and I don't understand why once it works and without doing anything n changing it works more, very disappointing☠️

1 hour ago, PLUTON said:

yeah because I'm tired of spending 3 hours for it to work and flying 1/2 hour and starting the next day the same thing; because the worst thing is that when it works 45fps fixed and fluid and when it starts to mess up it's between 6 and 20 fps and between 30 and 150 ms, and I don't understand why once it works and without doing anything n changing it works more, very disappointing☠️

Are you checking task manager when that is happening? Just alt-tab and view task manager right when it starts, you can have it sort by cpu usage.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

10 minutes ago, PLUTON said:

Yes I would but honestly I wouldn't know what to look for🙃

In task manager click on CPU button to have it sort by cpu usage. Then when it slows down wildly alt tab out and view that.

Alternatively you can try to disable all running programs except what you need and test. If it does not happen then start adding one back in at a time testing in between till it happens again.

Don B

15 minutes ago I start my flight, I start to taxi and go to the start of the runway (as I am at 60hrz I have 30 fixed fps and a frametime of 19ms) I take off and all of a sudden my fps goes to 13 fps and my frametime At 48 ms or even 85 ms and of course it is unplayable. So I immediately opened the task manager and I see that DCS is in the red and the consumption is high. so what do you think is going on? knowing and I repeat that when he wants to walk it will be fluid and I could fly without problem until I change mission

39 minutes ago, PLUTON said:

15 minutes ago I start my flight, I start to taxi and go to the start of the runway (as I am at 60hrz I have 30 fixed fps and a frametime of 19ms) I take off and all of a sudden my fps goes to 13 fps and my frametime At 48 ms or even 85 ms and of course it is unplayable. So I immediately opened the task manager and I see that DCS is in the red and the consumption is high. so what do you think is going on? knowing and I repeat that when he wants to walk it will be fluid and I could fly without problem until I change mission

Not sure I quite understand that statement "when he wants to walk".

Are you running any Mods by chance?
If I were having that issue ( I don't run Mods), first thing I would try is a repair of DCS using Skate Zilla's GUI updater program. If you are running mods first thing I would try then is to disable all Mods and test and see if it still does it.

Don B

When the framerates drop what's the steamvr frametime chart doing?  Even better if you have FPSVR it will show you more details.

It sounds like the VRAM hole bug, essentially DCS appears to drain all of your VRAM till the GPU grinds to a halt, seems to affect the 8-10GB cards far more.  It can typically be triggered by restarting a flight or switching airframes. It's exacerbated in steamvr compared to openxr where I very rarely suffer from it.

Typically the steamvr frame chart will go from green/orange to red and it will be dropping frames, FPSVR will show you a dropped frame count. If you give openxr a try you will likely find that the problem will go away (along with all the other performance and quality benefits that come with it).

Edited by edmuss

Ryzen7 7800X3D / RTX3080ti / 64GB DDR5 4800 / Varjo Aero / Leap Motion / Kinect Headtracking
TM 28" Warthog Deltasim Hotas / DIY Pendular Rudders / DIY Cyclic Maglock Trimmer / DIY Abris / TM TX 599 evo wheel / TM T3PA pro / DIY 7+1+Sequential Shifter / DIY Handbrake / Cobra Clubman Seat
Shoehorned into a 43" x 43" cupboard.

very good question the picture time is good
the frametime? Because if this is the case it climbs between 48ms
see even it goes up in the red at 150ms.
On the other hand, I uninstalled fpsvr and it seems to be better.

fpsvr was showing when I was flying a CPU with a fixed 30fps and a frametime of 17.6 and a GPU with an fps between 6 and 17 fps
and a frametime between 48 and See Up to 150ms in the red of course.

I would like to try Open xr but it seems complicated to install and adjust?

Sounds as though your CPU isn't doing too badly, just the GPU falling over.

Basically the renderer will drop the frame if it can't be drawn in time before the next one comes along, this is when it shows up as a red bar in the frametime chart.  I suspect that what's happening is that the GPU runs out of onboard VRAM and starts to use the (very much slower) shared system ram it's performance dives.

Openxr uses much less VRAM (note that DCS will allocate 100% of it but doesn't normally actually use it all) so the VRAM overrun generally doesn't happen when you have lower amounts to play with, give it a go.  Before the openxr mod was developed for DCS I was trying to find a cause of the performance tanking and actually found that enabling HAGS stopped the VRAM issue from occurring, it did however cause steamvr to crash all the time.  It's just something to try.

My current recommendation would always be to use openxr.

Ryzen7 7800X3D / RTX3080ti / 64GB DDR5 4800 / Varjo Aero / Leap Motion / Kinect Headtracking
TM 28" Warthog Deltasim Hotas / DIY Pendular Rudders / DIY Cyclic Maglock Trimmer / DIY Abris / TM TX 599 evo wheel / TM T3PA pro / DIY 7+1+Sequential Shifter / DIY Handbrake / Cobra Clubman Seat

mister broke said:
Not sure I fully understand this statement "when he wants to walk".

I mean when I fly and everything is fine with no fps drop problem

and thank you everyone for taking your time to help me👍

what is HAGS activation? please mrs edmuss

14 minutes ago, PLUTON said:

what is HAGS activation? please mrs edmuss

https://babeltechreviews.com/hardware-accelerated-gpu-scheduling-performance/

On windows 10

Start>Settings>Display>Graphics Settings enable HAGS and restart,  it might help but it's generally best off for now unless it solves the problem (as I said it caused my steamvr to crash).  I think it's something that will play a larger part in GPU performance in the coming years but it's in it's infancy for now.

5 minutes ago, PLUTON said:

well I have no choice but to try OPENXR
I have to start in the big leagues😉

Just make sure that you follow the instructions in the openxr thread on here EXPLICITLY.  Do that and it should work nicely 🙂