Second LGB missing the designated point

Darkdiz

Now before anyone goes on a rant saying I'm not doing it right, hear me out...

This is REPEATABLE, and has happened every time I have launched more than one LGB since the last update.

Observation: First LGB hits designated target as expected, no issues. However the second LGB, even though a different target in the same general area (50-100yds away) is newly designated (QDES then Area Track to second tgt, then Point or Area Track as the case may be) impacts exactly where the first target was designated, as if I was designating the first target, not the second. Its like the second bomb locks onto the first target. Tested on at least 6 occasions, each time the same result, regardless of area/point track, WHOT/BHOT, even if I undesignate, then egress out to 15 miles or so and re-run in etc. Second designated tgt clearly in the cross-hairs, weapon clearly misses and hits original designated spot (center of now burned-out tank, the first tgt). Laser on second target and not moved from 10 secs prior to release to impact (which is clearly visible on first target). All tests done in a sanitized area with no enemy present, codes all at 1688, drop height ~12000', wings level, TTI apx 35secs from release, wpn GBU-12, but also noticed the same on GBU-10 and 16 (24 not tested).

Anyone else have this issue? Or Am I missing something?

• Like 1

Talent hits a target no one else can hit, genius hits a target no one else can detect

AMD Ryzen 9 3900x CPU@4.5Ghz, ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero Motherboard, 64GB Corsair Venegence DDR 3200 RAM, MSI Rtx 3060 12GB Primary GPU, ASUS GTX 1650 4GB Secondary GPU, 40" 1920x1080 Samsung Monitor, 32" 1360x768 Sony Monitor, 32" Dynex 1360x768 Monitor, 1TB Seagate Firecuda M2 PCIe 4 OS SSD, 2TB Western Digital Blue M2 PCIe 3 storage SSD, 8TB Samsung 870QVO storage SSD, Western Digital Blue 1TB storage SATA, 2x Thrustmaster T16000 (LH and RH), Warthog Joy/Throttle/TPRS, 6 x Cougar MFDs (4 with Generic VGA 800x600 displays), Track IR 5 with IR Trackstar V3, Logitech G910 Tactile Keyboard, Logitech G604 Lightspeed Mouse, Logitech F310 Gamepad, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Soul: None (sold long ago to the MGOMU, also known as Princess)

9 hours ago, Darkdiz said:

Now before anyone goes on a rant saying I'm not doing it right, hear me out...

Anyone else have this issue? Or Am I missing something?

Yes, I've run into the same issue when trying to drop two bombs onto one target (or two targets next to each other) on the same attack run. Even if I drop the first bomb at T-3 seconds, and the next bomb 3 seconds later, the first one guides and hits, the second just flies on as if the laser was never firing - which it obviously was as the first bomb guided and hit. 

1 minute ago, Kondor77 said:

Yes, I've run into the same issue when trying to drop two bombs onto one target (or two targets next to each other) on the same attack run. Even if I drop the first bomb at T-3 seconds, and the next bomb 3 seconds later, the first one guides and hits, the second just flies on as if the laser was never firing - which it obviously was as the first bomb guided and hit. 

This is similar, but on seperate runs more than a few minutes apart. We went out to about 10 miles after the first launch (I was the RIO, this is NOT a Jester controlled launch).  Never lost the target area (always had QDES locked), dropped on the second run on a second target about 50 yds away, laser was locked onto this tgt in Point track, second LGB guided to the first impact point.

I think in your case, the LGB may not have time to see the laser, as it has to arm itself once released, hence the miss. LGBs need at least 5-6 secs of laser prior to release to guide properly in my experience

Talent hits a target no one else can hit, genius hits a target no one else can detect

AMD Ryzen 9 3900x CPU@4.5Ghz, ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero Motherboard, 64GB Corsair Venegence DDR 3200 RAM, MSI Rtx 3060 12GB Primary GPU, ASUS GTX 1650 4GB Secondary GPU, 40" 1920x1080 Samsung Monitor, 32" 1360x768 Sony Monitor, 32" Dynex 1360x768 Monitor, 1TB Seagate Firecuda M2 PCIe 4 OS SSD, 2TB Western Digital Blue M2 PCIe 3 storage SSD, 8TB Samsung 870QVO storage SSD, Western Digital Blue 1TB storage SATA, 2x Thrustmaster T16000 (LH and RH), Warthog Joy/Throttle/TPRS, 6 x Cougar MFDs (4 with Generic VGA 800x600 displays), Track IR 5 with IR Trackstar V3, Logitech G910 Tactile Keyboard, Logitech G604 Lightspeed Mouse, Logitech F310 Gamepad, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

I successfully tested Training Day instant action mission in Caucasus, latest beta, afair 2xGBU-16 on a tank and SAM. I guess it may not be conclusive but you can also test if it works fine there.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

On 6/15/2022 at 5:23 AM, draconus said:

I successfully tested Training Day instant action mission in Caucasus, latest beta, afair 2xGBU-16 on a tank and SAM. I guess it may not be conclusive but you can also test if it works fine there.

I’ll have a look later today

So, after more testing, and a bit of research, this is what I came up with...

(From the Heatblur Manual) The LANTIRN steering cues for ground target engagement are automatically enabled when the LANTIRN is slewed to QDES or a new QDES is designated. The QDES itself will remain even if a new Q is selected and as long as it exists, the steering cues will point towards QDES even if slewed to another point. This is important to keep in mind as it is easy to think that the steering commands is to the current sensor location instead of the QDES.

Although I'm pretty sure I QDES'd the second tgt... Worked as advertised this evening though, 4 direct hits on 4 separate runs. Interesting in that I lased the second tgt, one would think the weapon would track to the laser, and not the original QDES point?