HP G2 - Clear environment data

lax22

The problem I have with my G2 is not new but in the last few months it happens on a regular basis:

When using the G2 for DCS I sometimes get the issue that the picture in the headset is not stable but moves around without me moving my head.

I can fix the issue by clearing the WMR environment data.

In the past I had to do this about twice a month but recently I pretty much need to do it every day in order to get rid of the unstable/swimming picture.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue and if yes are there any ways to avoid constantly having to delete the environment data?

System: 7800X3D / Asus RTX 4090 OC / 64GB 3600mhz / Pimax Crystal / VKB GF3 Ultimate

2 hours ago, Drac said:

I have had this happen to me.  Found out it was the monitor (lighting) and I had to turn it off.  Never had this problem until about a few months ago.

Thank you for the suggestion!

Will definitely give this a try.

System: 7800X3D / Asus RTX 4090 OC / 64GB 3600mhz / Pimax Crystal / VKB GF3 Ultimate

Appart from cleaning the environment data from time to time I do one more thing:

With headset in my head, I cover all four cameras in the headset (with four fingers, for example) and move a little. When I remove my fingers the G2 is a bit lost for one second or two and then start tracking, and without issues or stranges undesired movements.

I suppose that I'm doing some kind of reset to the cameras or somthing like that. Hope it help.

Same happens to me, I discovered that usually puts my finger in the cameras when I catch my headset to put it on my heda, cleaned them with a glass mop cleaner solved some of the issues, till I figured out how much light dependant are the reverb g2. In a room with very low light levels doesn´t work well, so I must play with lights on and monitor off

Intel i9 10850k - MSI Tomahawk 490z - 64 GB DDR4 3000 - HP Reverb G2 - MSI optix Mag321curv 4k monitor - MSI RTX 3080ti - Winwing Orion Throttle base plus F18 stick

On 6/15/2022 at 3:16 AM, lax22 said:

Thank you for the suggestion!

Will definitely give this a try.

And, have u tired it? I got same issue yesterday for the 1s time. The view was jumping 2m left, right, forward and backward. I thought at 1st its because I had quite dark in the room, so sensors couldn`t get any decent positon, but it was not the case. I just reset the session, and it was fine for some time, an then it happened again. So damn strange behavior.