New Ignition Key is Black?

Bunny Clark

On 6/15/2022 at 12:30 AM, Floyd1212 said:

Negative.

image.png

For me looks the same, no issue here.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I have the same issue. I ran a repair and it persists.

I have made cockpit livery by deleting all the mipmaps from tthe texture files to save on video memory (it really helps with the stutter.) I tried creating a new description.lua with model viewer 2, but I get an error about some invalid string and it doesn't generate that file.

16:09:08 INFO: DCS log enabled!
7.6019 TRACE lua_loadfile ModelViewer2::createLua: D:\Eigene Dateien\My Games\edModelViewerTrunk\autoexec.lua
7.6021 TRACE lua_loadfile ModelViewer2::createLua: Config/ModelViewer/autoexec.lua
7.6023 DEBUG ModelViewer2::createLua ----------------------------------------------------------------
7.6023 DEBUG ModelViewer2::createLua scan for environment cubes
7.6023 DEBUG ModelViewer2::createLua ----------------------------------------------------------------
7.6026 DEBUG ModelViewer2::createLua scan done
7.6026 DEBUG ModelViewer2::createLua ----------------------------------------------------------------
7.6026 DEBUG ModelViewer2::createLua mount extra stuff
7.6026 DEBUG ModelViewer2::createLua ----------------------------------------------------------------
7.6026 ERROR EDCORE No suitable driver found to mount coremods/tech/uss_nimitz/animations/liveries
7.6027 ERROR EDCORE No suitable driver found to mount coremods/tech/uss_nimitz/animations/animations
7.6027 ERROR EDCORE No suitable driver found to mount coremods/tech/uss_nimitz/animations/models
7.6027 ERROR EDCORE No suitable driver found to mount coremods/tech/uss_nimitz/animations/textures
7.6045 DEBUG ModelViewer2::createLua done
7.6045 DEBUG ModelViewer2::createLua ----------------------------------------------------------------
7.6344 INFO DX11BACKEND resize to resolution 1201x378
8.6319 INFO DX11BACKEND resize to resolution 1841x675
20.9758 ERROR EDCORE No suitable driver found to mount f:/eagle dynamics/dcs world openbeta/mods/aircraft/ah-64d/cockpit/shape/textures
21.4269 TRACE LUA Created state "enlight::loadCockpitConfig" - 00000208B7A42A30
21.4270 INFO FETCHEFFECTS get cockpit shading params from f:/eagle dynamics/dcs world openbeta/mods/aircraft/ah-64d/cockpit/shape/cockpit_ah-64d.edm.lua
22.4177 ERROR_ONCE DX11BACKEND texture 'mirrors' not found. Asked from ''
29.9171 ERROR FETCHEFFECTS Can't load model f:/eagle dynamics/dcs world openbeta/mods/aircraft/ah-64d/cockpit/shape/cockpit_ah-64d.edm. Reason: Invalid string index 1065353216

Before it worked without a problem. The last line appears when trying to export the description.lua file when clicking the "generate livery file" button. I guess the black key kinda looks nice anyway.

33 minutes ago, FalcoGer said:

I have made cockpit livery by deleting all the mipmaps from tthe texture files to save on video memory (it really helps with the stutter.)

Can you explain a bit more about deleting mipmaps, please? My system runs very well, but I hope your tip will help with HIDASS stuttering, perhaps...

You will need to do this for all aircraft you wish to fly because I set the texture quality to low in the settings.

First you copy the the .dds texture files from the dcs installation directory into a coresponding livery directory in the saved games dcs folder. then you open the cockpit model file (.edm file extension) with model viewer 2 (in dcs installation directory in bins) and click the blue cube icon at the top that has the tooltip "generate liveries file". you save that as description lua in your liveries directory in saved games/dcs.openbeta.

Then you navigate to that directory and open it in power shell (left shift + right click -> open in windows terminal/open powershell window here)

you will need textconv.exe from microsoft (https://github.com/microsoft/DirectXTex/releases). run this command.

& 'C:\path\to\texconv.exe' -y -m 1 *.dds

this will delete all the mipmaps and only leave the full sized textures and coresponding maps.

Then in the game, go to options -> special options -> select the aircraft and select the cockpit livery to be the one you just made the folder for. Set the texture quality to low and be amazed at the textures not looking like someone used a paint roller to apply the cockpit labels.

This is only helping me because I'm limited on VRAM not graphics performance. For example the apache's textures are 2.3GB. with the mipmaps removed they're about 1.7GB. That's just enough for my computer to stop paging and have decent frames.

Edited by FalcoGer
  • Like 1