DCS Walkman - By Bailey

Rudel_chw

Don't know why there is no topic about this latest creation of @Bailey .. I tried it today and it is fantastic, you can play your music in whichever aircraft you are using and its interface is very unobstrusive. Only detail is that it doesn't play MP3 directly, you must convert them to OGG ... but that is just a minor inconvenience.

Get it here: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3322875/

QgzSn1n.jpg

You can also control the player with your HOTAS, these are the available commands:

The VAP is here: 
  - Stop (Ctrl+Shift+1)
  - Previous Song (Ctrl+Shift+2)
  - Play (Ctrl+Shift+3)
  - Next song (Ctrl+Shift+4)
  - Random Song (Ctrl+Shift+5)
  - Volume Down (Ctrl+Shift+6)
  - Volume up (Ctrl+Shift+7)
  - Hide/Show (Ctrl+Shift+8)

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like a really cool mod.
Ever since HeatBlur introduced the "Walkman" in their modules that I've been waiting for something like this to come up! 🙂 

FWIW, there are also decent free program/websites that may be easier/faster to convert MP3 to OGG.

Here's one good example: https://convertio.co/mp3-ogg/

Just select the MP3 from your disc drive, then "convert to OGG"...
...and a download button with the converted soundtrack will appear.

Now you'll just have to use the converted file and place it as per the instructions of the mod.

EDIT: can't make the mod work and, it seems, I'm not the only one.
There is no "playListDir" found in the walkman-hook.lua file, as per the "readme" instructions. 🤐  Would be nice to have the instructions revised as they're not very clear.

Edited by LucShep

CGTC Caucasus retexture mod  |  A-10A cockpit retexture mod  |  Shadows reduced impact mod  |  DCS 2.5.6  (the best version for performance, VR or 2D)

DCS terrain modules_July23_27pc_ns.pngDCS aircraft modules_July23_27pc_ns.png  aka Luke Marqs; call sign "Ducko" =

Spoiler

Win10 Pro x64 | Intel i7 12700K (@5.1/5.0p + 3.9e) | 64GB DDR4 @3466 CL16 (Crucial Ballistix) | RTX 3090 24GB EVGA FTW3 Ultra | 2TB NVMe (MP600 Pro XT) + 500GB SSD (WD Blue) + 3TB HDD (Toshiba P300) + 1TB HDD (WD Blue) | Corsair RMX 850W | Asus Z690 TUF+ D4 | TR PA120SE | Fractal Meshify C | M-Audio USB + Sennheiser HD-599SE | 7x USB 3.0 Hub | 50'' 4K Philips 7608/12 UHD TV (+Head Tracking) | HP Reverb G1 Pro (VR) | TM Warthog + Logitech X56 

On 6/25/2022 at 12:44 AM, LucShep said:

Looks like a really cool mod.
Ever since HeatBlur introduced the "Walkman" in their modules that I've been waiting for something like this to come up! 🙂 

FWIW, there are also decent free program/websites that may be easier/faster to convert MP3 to OGG.

Here's one good example: https://convertio.co/mp3-ogg/

Just select the MP3 from your disc drive, then "convert to OGG"...
...and a download button with the converted soundtrack will appear.

Now you'll just have to use the converted file and place it as per the instructions of the mod.

EDIT: can't make the mod work and, it seems, I'm not the only one.
There is no "playListDir" found in the walkman-hook.lua file, as per the "readme" instructions. 🤐  Would be nice to have the instructions revised as they're not very clear.

Don't forget Audacity to convert mp3 to Ogg https://www.audacityteam.org/download/  😎

FOX-2 2021_ED_1.PNG

Doesn't work for me (sometime yes, sometime no ......) DCS Walkman "see" the .ogg files but clic on "play" has no effect, tried .wav without success. All commands work, I see title changing, but impossible to play them ..... (I am in default folder for titles, unable to change this by editing .lua)

FOX-2 2021_ED_1.PNG

• 7 months later...