Any New Updates Available?

Mike Force Team

8 hours ago, Mike Force Team said:

Any new updates on when the F-15e is ready?  We really, really, really want the jet.  In fact, we are willing to pay for it :).

MFT

Hmm with more than 500 posts, you should know that these comments rarely gets an answer 😉 and especially with Strike Eagle, the aircraft properly with longest hypetrain and development time... 😄

• Like 1

molon-labe-black-header.jpg

When I watched the promo videos for the South Atlantic Map, they showed the F-15e flying.  Based on what I observed, it appeared the F-15e model was functional.  Of course, we do not know if this perception is accurate.  Additionally, it would make financial sense to release new jets and choppers to be used in the SA map.  Maybe the next flash sale might be on Juneteenth Day, which is a holiday.

MFT

There's a lot more to the Mudhen than the external models, in order to be really functional for things other than joyriding there are scores of MFD pages to be completed. If we're lucky, we might get it around Xmas. If we're not, it'll be next year.

When I watched the promo videos for the South Atlantic Map, they showed the F-15e flying.  Based on what I observed, it appeared the F-15e model was functional.  Of course, we do not know if this perception is accurate.  Additionally, it would make financial sense to release new jets and choppers to be used in the SA map.  Maybe the next flash sale might be on Juneteenth Day, which is a holiday.
MFT
RAZBAM has show cockpit functional with systems an weapons

Enviado desde mi RNE-L21 mediante Tapatalk

48 minutes ago, durka-durka said:

Weren't those videos supposed to be released like a week apart for the next 20 weeks or something?  

IIRC there was a dev who said something to the effect that the MPDs were complex enough that they could release one such video a week for the next 20 weeks--but not that they were actually planning to do so.

RAZBAM has released prerelase South Atlantiuc map. The map is not finished, but it is already in the hands of people who constantly report problems, ask when the individual parts of the map will be finished ...

In a nutshell - the F-15E is put aside again for a few months - not completely, but for sure the priority now will be to bring the map to a status of at least 60-70% of the total - so the F-15E will again have a reduced number of people working on it ...

@Nahen I saw the screenshot showing areas of completion on the SA map. i know it takes times and resources to update the new map. I saw areas of touch up opportunities on assorted videos on YouTube and in dcs forum posts identified by various people. 

And this was my consumer's mindset when I saw the SA map release announcement. I expected the f-15e to be released at the same time because the developer team showed it in their promotional videos. People are likely to make the jet purchase along with the SA map even though it is EA. In the meantime, we wait. When the timing is right, ED will post the information on the website.

MFT

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nahen said:

In a nutshell - the F-15E is put aside again for a few months - not completely, but for sure the priority now will be to bring the map to a status of at least 60-70% of the total - so the F-15E will again have a reduced number of people working on it ...

The person making the map are not the same as the one who are working on flying module 🤨

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mike Force Team said:

@Nahen I saw the screenshot showing areas of completion on the SA map. i know it takes times and resources to update the new map. I saw areas of touch up opportunities on assorted videos on YouTube and in dcs forum posts identified by various people. 

And this was my consumer's mindset when I saw the SA map release announcement. I expected the f-15e to be released at the same time because the developer team showed it in their promotional videos. People are likely to make the jet purchase along with the SA map even though it is EA. In the meantime, we wait. When the timing is right, ED will post the information on the website.

MFT

I do not rush anyone, I do not stigmatize anyone - I can state that in a situation where the F-15E has not been released together with the SA map, some human resources will still work on the map - I will risk a statement that the map will now be priority for the next several or several weeks - the money taken for it obliges makers to react faster to reported errors and to refine the map faster. This unfortunately means that the module we are waiting for will be developed second. So I will repeat what I have already written several times - I bet we will see the F-15E at the turn of 2022/2023 at the earliest - and personally I am focusing on 2023.

I have been waiting so long, these few months do not make any difference to me 😉

2 hours ago, Papanowel said:

The person making the map are not the same as the one who are working on flying module 🤨

Hmm...

I do not think that RAZBAM employs surveyors to create maps ... rather graphic designers and programmers ... I wonder who creates the F-15E module ... let's think ... programmers and graphic designers?

Edited by Nahen

9 minutes ago, Nahen said:

I do not think that RAZBAM employs surveyors to create maps ... rather graphic designers and programmers ... I wonder who creates the F-15E module ... let's think ... programmers and graphic designers?

Why would you need a programmer for Map making?  I sincerely doubt that the programmers working on the F-15E can actually be moved onto the SA Map team. I agree that the 3D and Graphics designers can work on both projects, and are thus a shared resource.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

42 minutes ago, Nahen said:

I do not rush anyone, I do not stigmatize anyone - I can state that in a situation where the F-15E has not been released together with the SA map, some human resources will still work on the map - I will risk a statement that the map will now be priority for the next several or several weeks - the money taken for it obliges makers to react faster to reported errors and to refine the map faster. This unfortunately means that the module we are waiting for will be developed second. So I will repeat what I have already written several times - I bet we will see the F-15E at the turn of 2022/2023 at the earliest - and personally I am focusing on 2023.

I have been waiting so long, these few months do not make any difference to me 😉

Hmm...

How put aside, if SA map has no connected with any RAZBAM aircraft module?

RAZBAM / Ugra Media 3rd Parties and Eagle Dynamics Map teams, use diferent tools to make maps (Terrain develop Kit TDK). The TDK need learn from scratch by graphic designers and programers, and has has nothing to do with the programing of a aircraft module, with have your dedicated programmers and other members, working with the aircraft / helo  module SDK. The TDK was developed by ED, by the engine and map team on Minks. Meanwhile, on ED, the modules SDK was builded by some teams on Moscow and outside them, centred on module building.

Remember RAZBAM "Main team" working no only on the F-15E, has military contracts with French AdA, to make improvements on the M2000C, and a military contract to build a A69 Super Tucano with the Ecuatorian air force... meanwhile has rumors about the AV-8B has use by the Us Marines. Remember the "cuban team" has building the Mig-23MLA, after maked the Mig-19P. And of course the "Map Team", release the SA Map on Early Access.

Edited by Silver_Dragon
  • Like 1

Yes, ED has very crear about them. The map artists, has nothing to do with the aircrafts module building. Has dedicated personal, only cented on developing maps.
https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/ru/vacancies/map-artist/

You will:

• work with the editor to create maps of the area - defining zones, filling scenes with objects.
  • development of 3D objects of various buildings and structures.
  • creating textures for objects and terrain

You have:

• Ability to work with raster and vector graphics
  • knowledge of 3ds Max, Adobe Photoshop
  • English not lower than Intermediate

The advantage will be:

• art education
  • Experience with other map editors
  • experience in creating 3D objects for games
  • the ability to optimize the visual component of textures to reduce the visible tile

• Like 1

• ED Team

terrain team is different from the F-15E team. 

You need to realise what these teams do is complex and when they are ready they will let you know more. 

Until then you have to be patient. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2