Next Module?

Hi everyone,

I was wondering which module is the most different to the ones that I currently own (aside from a Heli as I intend to get the Apache at some point anyway), here is what I have currently:

Mosquito

Mig-21

F18

AV8B Harrier

AV8B is currently my favourite, but which new module would fit most in-between, in terms of time-period, role etc etc? I do also have supercarrier and Channel map if that influences it. I intend to get South Atlantic map too.

Thanks!

Edited by doomfreak777

5 minutes ago, Sacarino111 said:

Hi.

A10C II, no doubt!

The F-16 would also be a thing, but it is incomplete and  bit bugged (?) in some features.

And for the very very man, the F-14 Tomcat...

Saludos.

Saca111

Is the F-16 module really incomplete in DCS; say in comparison to the A-10C II module? 

And is it really that much more bugged than any of the other modules and/or DCS in general?

I don't fly the Viper, but was honestly of the opinion that it is of the most complete offered by DCS and functions as well, if not better, than any of the other jets.   

HI.

1 "Is the F-16 module really incomplete in DCS; say in comparison to the A-10C II module? " YES, quite incomplete if you compare them. The A10 is a more than 10 years completed module, and F-16 is EA still, so lot of incompleteness, even though the F-16 is a real pleasure to fly and fight with. You wont be wrong if you purchase it.

2  "And is it really that much more bugged than any of the other modules and/or DCS in general?" NO. To my knowledge, some "little" bugs". It is more an incomplete than bugged one  Again, you won't regret buying it...

3   " I don't fly the Viper, but was honestly of the opinion that it is of the most complete offered by DCS and functions as well, if not better, than any of the other jets." NO. It is incomplete, but very much functional. The F/A-18 is far more complete (it is out of Early Acces, by the way). The A10 is feature complete, Cold war era AC are complete, the P51 also is complete etc. Get the free trial, take a taste of it, then pay the fee and you will be happy...

Saludos.

Saca111

The F-16 isn't that incomplete. You can do just about everything it's capable of doing, though some details might be off.

The FM is still being tweaked, but overall it's going in the right direction. At this particular moment, the stability seems to be a little off, but not terribly so.

As far as it being different compared to your other modules, yes and no. The F-16 and F-18 fill the same role for Air Force/Navy, but they are pretty different airframes. The F-16 is more of a fighter, with loads of performance. The F-18 is more balanced, leaning more toward ground attack. However it has crazy nose pointing ability for close in dogfights that no other module has.

Your module list is fairly diverse, nothing really stands out as missing. The F-14 would give you a swing wing aircraft between the MiG-21 and F-18 technology wise. You could try a helicopter. Maybe go for a dedicated piston fighter, or Korea War jet (these jets have little AI assets though).

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Thanks all,

I will definitely be getting a heli at some point.

I was considering a warbird, probably P51 as I already have the Flying Iron Spitfire in MSFS. 

What are the Russian jets like to fly/learn? And what is the best / most complete one? EDIT: Just looked and they're all quite cheap, I assume no clickable cockpits etc... 

Edited by doomfreak777

Get the Mi-8.  Arguably one of the most realistic helicopter flight models available anywhere, and offers a very different experience to the other modules in your virtual hangar.  I love the Viper, but it is quite similar to the Hornet in role and performance (excluding the carrier ops obviously).  Mi-8 is DCS's best kept secret and is so prolific around the world you can fit it into just about any scenario you can think of, either as BLUFOR or REDFOR, or even non-combatant.

Laptop Pilot. Alienware X17, i9 11980HK 5.0GHz, 16GB RTX 3080, 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, NVMe SSD. 2x TM Warthog, Hornet grip, Virpil CM2 & TPR pedals, FSSB-R3, Cougar throttle, Viper pit WIP (XBox360 when traveling). Rift S.

NTTR, SoH, Syria, Sinai, Channel, South Atlantic, CA, Supercarrier, FC3, A-10CII, F-5, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Harrier, M2000, F1, Viggen, MiG-21, Yak-52, L-39, MB-339, CE2, Gazelle, Ka-50, Mi-8, Mi-24, Huey, Apache, Spitfire, Mossie.  Wishlist: Tornado, Jaguar, Buccaneer, F-117 and F-111.

58 minutes ago, doomfreak777 said:

What are the Russian jets like to fly/learn? And what is the best / most complete one? EDIT: Just looked and they're all quite cheap, I assume no clickable cockpits etc... 

These would be Su-25, Su-27, Su-33 and MiG-29 - they are all from Flaming Cliffs 3 pack and have simplified systems/avionics so are not clickable, although there is some mod to make them clickable for the few functions they have available. Having no alternative to fly these birds they are still great to fly and fight in.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

19 hours ago, doomfreak777 said:

Hi everyone,

I intend to get South Atlantic map too.

Thanks!

Hi, if you want a new module for yourself - so maybe wait a little for MB.339? This plane operated in this area (under the Argentina flag) Model isnt released yet but its very close, maybe this month with next Open Beta patch. It will be simpler than Harrier of course, but it will also give a lot of fun. 💪

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

@doomfreak777: there's a 2-weeks trial on a lot of modules (but not all) so you can test the modules you are interested in. No need to buy the module if it's not what you want.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Thanks for all the sugestions. I will definitely try the 2 weeks trial thing.

I have also got the MB339 on MSFS (same developer too I think) - It's great but I wont get it in DCS for that reason.

Most likely the P-51 or the F14 for me right now, maybe Apache 

1 hour ago, doomfreak777 said:

I have also got the MB339 on MSFS (same developer too I think) - It's great but I wont get it in DCS for that reason.

Yes and no. Both versions are from the same developer and no! There are huge differences between them. Does the MFSF version has actual cockpit frosting? DCS one will have!!! I am not even addressing the elephant in the room. Stop equating DCS planes with those with MSFS, they are very, very different made.

Depending on the mission profile you like, either Viggen or Tomcat I would recommend.

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.