Mosquito Tail Wheel overly sensitive / breaking easily

razo+r

The Mosquito's Tail Wheel, compared to the other Warbirds in DCS, is overly sensitive and breaks far more easily than the other airplane tail wheels.

In the track I'm driving from grass onto Tarmac very slowly with the Mosquito, the Tail wheel immediately collapses. For a comparsion, I also hop into the Pony and do the same. The Pony's tail wheel does not break, in fact, it does not seem to experience the same edge / transition that the Main Wheels experience in the first place.

Same also applies to the Mosquito when you brake a bit too harsh and lift your tail and let it fall on the ground. There's a rather high chance it breaks. In comparsion, if you do the same with the other Warbirds, their tail wheel is much more forgiving and you can almost slam it onto the ground without breaking it.

MosquitoTW.trk

• Thanks 1

Combined with the sensitive breaks lever when it is mapped to buttons (rather than an analog axis), it is very difficult to come to a full stop without lifting the tail and slamming it down, thus damaging the weak tail wheel.

“Mosquitoes fly, but flies don’t Mosquito” :pilotfly:

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

... well, he could have said it!

I agree, even if you pass pavement/grass border you can bust tail wheel, after take off it won't retract.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

• 1 month later...