Cannot reverse throttle action on joystick

I am trying to make joystick slider for Throttle (VKBSim Gladiator) slide in synch with throttle in the aircraft and it is reversed regardless of if I select "Invert" or not.

Sorry if it is a wrong place to ask, I just joined. 😉

I re-activated my "old" Gladiator Pro and tried it with the Hornet. I had to set it to "Inverted" and then it works just fine with the Hornet's throttle.
One possible cause of your issue is "Game Mode" versus "Sim Mode". Most people (including myself) use sim (simulation) mode; and when they try to help you they think that you are using sim mode.
The control bindings are separate for the two modes. So if you want to use sim mode then
1. you must select "FA-18C Sim" for defining your control bindings.
2. under Options, tab "Gameplay", make sure the two options "Game Flight Mode" and "Game Avionics Mode" should not be ticked
Also if you have not already done that, check the axis bindings for "FA-18C Sim" and make sure that there are no unwanted default bindings.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

If you have more than one input device assigned to the axis, also make sure that you have the correct field selected before clicking "tune axis", or you'll just flip something else. Happened to a friend was super annoying.

3 hours ago, Laurreth said:

If you have more than one input device assigned to the axis, also make sure that you have the correct field selected before clicking "tune axis", or you'll just flip something else. Happened to a friend was super annoying.

If you have more than one input device bound to the same axis then that's a problem in itself. It happens due to the defaults that DCS creates the first time you run a module. our first action should be to remove all the unwanted bindings.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

@LeCuvier @Laurreth: Thank you very much for the input.

I have for now only one device so mapping two to one axis was not the case.

It had to do something with the game and sim models.

Here is what I did and it solved the problem.

FIRST I mapped z-axis of the joystick in game model (see screenshots) and then in sim model and all worked.

Mystery but after this order there is no problem. 😉

Thank you for your help! 

TEMP1.jpg

TEMP2.jpg

No mystery at all. You have set it up for both modes. But you still have to decide whether you want to ply in game mode or sim mode and that's determined by the two options "Game Flight Mode" and "Game Avionics Mode". I would recommend you make sure they areun-ticked so you play in sim mode.
And then define all the other control bindings for that mode. There is no point defining bindings for game mode if you want to play in sim, and vice versa.

• Like 1

LeCuvier

Just now, Laurreth said:

It looks like you have it set up as a centred axis, thrust will probably work better if you set it to "slider" in axis tune so it will map from 0 to 100% instead of -100% to +100%.

Thanks, but my problems were all solved when I installed beta DCS. I must have been corrupted file or something in my initial installation. All good now.

On 6/18/2022 at 12:31 PM, LeCuvier said:

No mystery at all. You have set it up for both modes. But you still have to decide whether you want to ply in game mode or sim mode and that's determined by the two options "Game Flight Mode" and "Game Avionics Mode". I would recommend you make sure they areun-ticked so you play in sim mode.
And then define all the other control bindings for that mode. There is no point defining bindings for game mode if you want to play in sim, and vice versa.

All in sim mode now and beta new installation. All works. Thanks!!!!