cvw-1

DCS has a big community and choosing a place to settle down can be hard. There are a lot of groups out there and all of them have a different culture and fly differently. As you are reading this ask yourself what you want out of a DCS group.

CVW-1 is a DCS carrier air wing is dedicated to getting as close as possible to real world Naval aviation operations. CVW-1 is dedicated to training its members to be the best of the best. We pride ourselves on flying like real Naval Aviators. We also love Naval Aviation and Naval operations. CVW-1 offers a unique experience in that we capture the culture around Naval Squadrons. We are small right now but we have the potential of growing into something big. We need people devoted to building CVW-1 up into a group of like minded people that act like a family building each other up.

Our leadership loves Naval Aviation and loves Sharing that love of Naval Aviation with its members. We are devoted to making an authentic and realistic experience. We are often classified as a military simulation (mil sim), but what does that exactly mean? Well our definition of it is that we strive to get as close as we can to real-world operations within the limits of DCS. 

Our training and operational programs closely resemble that of a real CVW. training phases Fleet replacement squadron (FRS), Strike Fighter Advanced Readiness Program (SFARP) and Tailored Ship’s Training Availability (TSTA) form the core of our Fleet Readiness Training Program or FRTP. Lot’s of hours are spent by wing members time making detailed briefs and training materials.

CVW-1’s members have a lot of experience in a wide range of tactics and procedures. Our members are devoted to helping one another to accomplish the goal of creating a realistic experience within DCS. Mil sim does not mean you have to greet people and say sir. But we do have a chain of command and we have ranks to identify people that have given their time to alleviate the administrative burden of maintaining a group like this and members that help in strengthening our culture.

CVW-1’s brand is “Work hard play hard” we feel that if you put in the work here that’s what you’re gonna get out of it. Our motto just like the real CVW-1 is “Primus et principes” it means primus and principles in English, meaning if you stick to it and our principles you will love it. Our goal is to have you look back and see how much you have evolved as a virtual aviator. 

So is CVW-1 a good fit for you, think back to the question I asked you at the very beginning “what you want out of a DCS group” does this fit with what you want in a DCS Group? Here are more questions that you can ask yourself.

• Do I have a passion for flying and a passion for naval aviation?

• Do I enjoy Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and reading and biting by them? At CVW-1 Flight Training Instructional (FTI) and SOPs are the core of our flight operations.

• Do I enjoy flying the F/A-18C start up to shut down? 

• Do I enjoy working as a team and learning in a professional and realistic manner?

• Can I receive criticism in debriefs whether I fail or succeed in a given mission?

• Can I become part of a group that flies in the Central standard time zone typically starting at 1900?

If you said yes to all of them, CVW-1 may be a good option for you. We currently need about 40 - 60 Active pilots. We currently only operate the F/A-18C and plan to stay that way since we are trying to have a circa 2019 Air wing. Our training consists of 5 missions in FRS which consist of Air to Air Refueling (AAR), Air to surface (AS), Air to Air (AA) and Night Systems (NS) in VFA-106 then you will get a choice to choose from VFA-11, VFA-211, VFA-136 and VFA-81. You will then get put through SFARP which teaches you Close Air Support (CAS), Armed Reconnaissance (AR) and much more.

If you have made it to the end of this, congratulations! If you are interested in the Carrier air wing and want to learn more about it join our discord at https://discord.gg/yT9RTndGe6. If you would like to ask a member of our staff don’t hesitate to ask us in the recruiting section of our discord. We look forward to having you on our team. FLY NAVY!! 

Screen_220613_225257.png

Edited by cvw-1
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hello CVW_1, I have been flying DCS for some time now and I'm looking to join a squadron. As my screen name and logo applies, I served in the US Navy for 20 years. In those 20 years i was in several legacy F/A-18C squadrons. I hope we can chat and if I fit into your Air Wing I would like to give it a go. Thank you. 

• 1 month later...