How to show plane that starts later?

Gunfreak

I want 2 flights to start their taxiing 5 minutes after my flight. But if I put start time 5 minutes later. The plane will be physically gone until 5 minutes have elapsed. How do I make them be om station, while also being seen.

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

3 hours ago, Gunfreak said:

I want 2 flights to start their taxiing 5 minutes after my flight. But if I put start time 5 minutes later. The plane will be physically gone until 5 minutes have elapsed. How do I make them be om station, while also being seen.

UNCONTROLLED. When setting an AI group to a “Takeoff from Ramp” (cold start) waypoint, the Uncontrolled check box can be used to have the AI group appear at their starting location on the ramp, but not begin the spool up sequence until initiated by an AI TASK trigger as set by the START Command in the Triggered Actions of the group. In this case, the group aircraft will appear in the mission in parked configuration and remain as such until triggered to “come alive”

(from DCS User Manual EN 2020.pdf)

28 minutes ago, toutenglisse said:

UNCONTROLLED. When setting an AI group to a “Takeoff from Ramp” (cold start) waypoint, the Uncontrolled check box can be used to have the AI group appear at their starting location on the ramp, but not begin the spool up sequence until initiated by an AI TASK trigger as set by the START Command in the Triggered Actions of the group. In this case, the group aircraft will appear in the mission in parked configuration and remain as such until triggered to “come alive”

(from DCS User Manual EN 2020.pdf)

It only works with cold start?

10 minutes ago, Gunfreak said:

It only works with cold start?

For the uncontrolled part: yes, only works with cold start

As far as I know, the only way to achieve what you ask in your OP (so, have an AI flight to start taxiing exactly 5 minutes after you start taxiing) is to physically block the AI taxi path. For instance by placing a small ground unit in front of the AI flight lead and deactivate that unit 5 minutes after you started taxiing. I used this in one of my missions as well (you can check it out here https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3314485/ to create a more immersive taxiing experience)

Hopefully someday soon, ED will add the static activation and deactivation option. Then you can use one of those nice ground crew static models for this. A lot more realistic than placing a soldier in front of the AI flight..

• Like 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

@sirrah or include the cold start duration (I think it only depends on the AC type, but it is fixed duration) into your START trigger delay for uncontrolled.

EDIT : but of course only if cold start duration is smaller than the delay you want, or your described solution is the only one that works.

Edited by toutenglisse
in post
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, toutenglisse said:

@sirrah or include the cold start duration (I think it only depends on the AC type, but it is fixed duration) into your START trigger delay for uncontrolled.

True, but trigger wise that's a lot more complicated. The player flight will need to have something trigger the AI flight to initialize their start procedure exactly at the precise moment before the player taxi's out. Not sure how you'd want to try and achieve that.

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

I've tried the trigger

Made a START trigger on the flight.

Then made a trigger in the trigger part.
On mission start--> More than 300 seconds -->AI push task, and the flight.  but after 5 mintes have come and gone, the plane still dosn't start.