Squelch not set by default

FalcoGer

• ED Team

Do you have any evidence that it is not correct? If so please let me know. 

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

The radios will power up in whatever state they were in when the aircraft was previously shut down.

Having said that, for the purposes of DCS, I personally think the squelch could be left on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

23 hours ago, FalcoGer said:

you get blasted by white noise on 5 radios at once every time.

The aircraft also spawns with the master volume at 0, so you shouldn't get blasted by static right away. Be sure to only turn up the volume after the radios are squelched.

HMM, regarding the Master Volume set to 0 when spawned- doesnt work like that for me, I get blasted myself if I dont toggle all of the squelch's up immediately after I start the engine.

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

3 hours ago, Bunny Clark said:

The aircraft also spawns with the master volume at 0, so you shouldn't get blasted by static right away. Be sure to only turn up the volume after the radios are squelched.

33 minutes ago, Fakum said:

HMM, regarding the Master Volume set to 0 when spawned- doesnt work like that for me, I get blasted myself if I dont toggle all of the squelch's up immediately after I start the engine.

SRS puts the volume up by default.

AHHH!

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

I can’t think of a single aircraft I’ve gotten in that didn’t have the squelch on by default. Most Apache pilots don’t know what it’s there for and don’t toggle it. It’s a favorite trick of mine to introduce (or re introduce) the squelch during simulator training, particularly when the crew is doing instrument training I’ll have them tune up ATIS and I’ll give a broken weather brief to get them to turn the squelch off. Once they turn the squelch off I’ll give an unbroken weather brief to them. 

• Like 2

Generators come online and switch automatically. Fuel pumps do their magic without human intervention. Auto fuel balancing and anti-ice. But no the squelch is something the pilots have to engage manually....🤣

Irl squelch is always left on and does not reset to off at start. 

• ED Team

I have made a request to the team. It is low priority request however. 

thank you

• Thanks 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2