How do I get "new" bow wake for ship mods?

There seem to be two types of bow wakes, the old one that is just a simple white spray that you can set with the GT.nose parameter in the lua file for the ship and a newer one where the water actually is pushed before the ship, ED uses that for the Handy Wind ship for example. Its also used in the Civillian Nautical Mods pack by Eight Ball?

How do I use this new type of bow wake in my mods? I cant see a parameter for it in the lua files

There is a file called "Nimitz_CVN_71.lods.ship_wake" it's the SHIP_WAKE file in the >>>CoreMods\tech\USS_Nimitz\Shapes

Copy that file into your mods shape file and rename it accordingly... lodsfilename.lods.ship_wake

open it in a text editor like Notepad++ and modify it accordingly.

Now I'm back from my hols I'll do a proper write up on Sunday.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

9 hours ago, joey45 said:

There is a file called "Nimitz_CVN_71.lods.ship_wake" it's the SHIP_WAKE file in the >>>CoreMods\tech\USS_Nimitz\Shapes

Copy that file into your mods shape file and rename it accordingly... lodsfilename.lods.ship_wake

open it in a text editor like Notepad++ and modify it accordingly.

Now I'm back from my hols I'll do a proper write up on Sunday.

Nice! Could it be so that the ship needs collision model for this to work?

Don't think so..

But try have the dummies. Have a look at the ED models in the ModelViewer

SHIP_NOSE_ON_WATERLINE_CENTER_1 -- on me
SHIP_NOSE_ON_WATERLINE_L1 -- bit back on the angle
SHIP_NOSE_ON_WATERLINE_R1 -- bit back on the angle

SHIP_TAIL_ON_WATERLINE_CENTER_1 -- centre
SHIP_TAIL_ON_WATERLINE_L1 -- on the edge
SHIP_TAIL_ON_WATERLINE_R1 -- on the edge

Edited by joey45

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45