Slaving TGP to SPI of Wingman

CYPHER11
Go to solution Solved by Furiz,

Hey,

i watched MAtt´s Video but i can´t rework it since he is not showing which keyboard commands are used. My Wingman Transmits a API via Datalink of a Ground Target. i hook up the SPI and i can see it via the Helmet Sight - but i can´t get it work to slew my TGP on that Location. Is there a way to slew the TGP to the transmitted SPI of my WIngman? 

I also can´t receive Steerpoints from my AI Wingman. Is that not implemented yet? 

Thanks in advance

On 6/17/2022 at 11:44 AM, Furiz said:

Usual command is TMS Down, while TGP screen is selected as SOI. You can press CZ or Cursor Zero on the display. Those commands will center TGP to look at the SPI.

Thanks for the reply - exactly that does not work 😕 Slave it to SPI/Steerpoint works as intened - but slaving it to a SPI transmitted via Datalink from a Wingman is impossible 😞

3 minutes ago, CYPHER11 said:

Thanks for the reply - exactly that does not work 😕 Slave it to SPI/Steerpoint works as intened - but slaving it to a SPI transmitted via Datalink from a Wingman is impossible 😞

Make sure that you select the transmitted SPI as your active steerpoint first. 

On 6/19/2022 at 6:30 AM, _SteelFalcon_ said:

Make sure that you select the transmitted SPI as your active steerpoint first. 

Hey, i tried again - the AI Wingman does not transmit a streerpoint, only the SPI on the HSD 😕 Or do i miss something?

Thank you 😃

oh i dunno about AI. i have never tried with AI wingmen to get them to send their SPI to me

but if other players send a SPI, there is a message showing in the HUD something like "MRKPT 500" which lets you know that the transmitted SPI is now saved in your Jet on Steerpoint 500. on the HSD, there's a small (i think yellow) "x" at the location of all the received SPIs that wingmen sent to you. all you have to do at that time is to press 4 on the ICP to open the STPT page, then select STPT 500, hit enter. then i press CZ to get rid of any slew offsets and i should be looking right where the transmitted SPI is.

To get rid of the HUD message, press the WARN RESET on the ICP

Edited by _SteelFalcon_
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/23/2022 at 7:47 AM, _SteelFalcon_ said:

oh i dunno about AI. i have never tried with AI wingmen to get them to send their SPI to me

but if other players send a SPI, there is a message showing in the HUD something like "MRKPT 500" which lets you know that the transmitted SPI is now saved in your Jet on Steerpoint 500. on the HSD, there's a small (i think yellow) "x" at the location of all the received SPIs that wingmen sent to you. all you have to do at that time is to press 4 on the ICP to open the STPT page, then select STPT 500, hit enter. then i press CZ to get rid of any slew offsets and i should be looking right where the transmitted SPI is.

To get rid of the HUD message, press the WARN RESET on the ICP

Yes, with Player it works, thanks - than it is not implemented into the AI =( 

• Like 1

There are two things here. You can transmit a SPI and you can transmit a Steerpoint. 

AI can only transmit a SPI. Human players can transmit a Steerpoint and/or a SPI. Hopefully AI will get the ability to create and send mark points/Steer-points in the future.  

You can slave to a Steerpoint and it’s described in a post above. There’s no way to currently automatically slave to a SPI. 

You should be able to use FCR AG map mode and slew cursors and have the HSD cursor follow those slews, you could then overlay the HSD cursor on top on the AI transmited SPI and create a FCR marpoint. Although, this might be buggy in DCS as the radar map cursor has wrong update behaviour. Although actually I need to try, now that I’ve thought of it. 

• Thanks 1