AUTO SAVE TRACK OPTION

buceador

1 hour ago, buceador said:

I think DCS should have an automatic SAVE TRACK option, you could always delete it if things don't work out but forgetting to click save track is REALLY annoying!

This would be a useful option also for MP

I would definitely turn off the automatic SAVE TRACK for MP

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

MP already saves a track automatically

i9-13900K @ 6.2GHz oc | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

5 hours ago, SharpeXB said:

MP already saves a track automatically

Yes I know. And I wish there was an option to disable that.

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

7 minutes ago, sirrah said:

Yes I know. And I wish there was an option to disable that.

I wonder if there would be any performance savings? No way to really test it that I know of. If you think about it, SP is automatically creating a track as well, you just decide whether or not to save it. 

Edited by SharpeXB

i9-13900K @ 6.2GHz oc | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

1 hour ago, SharpeXB said:

I wonder if there would be any performance savings? No way to really test it that I know of. If you think about it, SP is automatically creating a track as well, you just decide whether or not to save it. 

Well, I just don't like my disk space being slowly eaten by useless files 😋

I recently discovered it contained a few GB's of track files. 

Edited by sirrah

System specs:

On 6/17/2022 at 12:41 PM, buceador said:

I think DCS should have an automatic SAVE TRACK option, you could always delete it if things don't work out but forgetting to click save track is REALLY annoying!

So to sum things up;

You want ED to fill our SSD with pointless tracks cause you can't remeber to click save?

No thanks.

Make a checklist entry for your self;

-Click save track upon end mission.

If you are forgetting stuff those kind of notes can help.

Every smart person makes notes so they don't forget stuff they need to do.

That will solve your problems.

On 6/19/2022 at 12:09 AM, Furiz said:

You want ED to fill our SSD with pointless tracks cause you can't remeber to click save?

He said "option".

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

On 6/19/2022 at 12:09 AM, Furiz said:

So to sum things up;

No thanks.

Make a checklist entry for your self;

-Click save track upon end mission.

If you are forgetting stuff those kind of notes can help.

Every smart person makes notes so they don't forget stuff they need to do.

That will solve your problems.

Ok, there is some confusion, possibly my bad as I didn't stipulate SINGLE PLAYER not MP, also I suggested an OPTION not something set in stone that couldn't be changed, like all the other OPTIONS that DCS offers?

vor 2 Minuten schrieb buceador:

Ok, there is some confusion, possibly my bad as I didn't stipulate SINGLE PLAYER not MP, also I suggested an OPTION not something set in stone that couldn't be changed, like all the other OPTIONS that DCS offers?

Yeah. That would be nice. Or just limit the saved trackfiles to 10 or 15 and then automatically delete all older ones.

I think it was pretty clear what @buceador suggested.

A well known racing sim gives you the option to prompt to save replays on exit.

That way you can choose whether to be prompted and if it does prompt you have the choice whether to save or not. It gives it a unique session name so the saving is simply a matter of clicking Yes and either accepting the default replay name or calling it something you want. It works really well and would seem a good option for DCS.

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

2 hours ago, xfirf said:

Yeah. That would be nice. Or just limit the saved trackfiles to 10 or 15 and then automatically delete all older ones.

Quite. I've had to set that up as a task scheduled script to prune the worst excesses when track (or Tacview) recording is active on my server — the gigs accumulate at an astonishing speed otherwise, and being able to restrict and easily adjust in-game how many are kept would be immensely helpful.

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧