Sniper pod, DTC, VSR radar gone from "Desired systems"?

Comrade Doge
Go to solution Solved by Wags,

• ED Team
20 minutes ago, press said:

This initial question hasn't been answered. What happened to SniperXR, VSR, DTC and the rest? Are these systems not going to be implemented anymore?

Read again, we answered this. Nothing has been removed, all those features are still planned simple after leaving EA status now.

A new list will be created for what comes for the Viper after leaves EA, including the features in question.

• Like 3

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

7 minutes ago, NineLine said:

Read again, we answered this. Nothing has been removed, all those features are still planned simple after leaving EA status now.

A new list will be created for what comes for the Viper after leaves EA, including the features in question.

Now it's clear. Thank you.

So in short: Nothing in regards to the development plan of the F-16 has changed. The only change was the official status of the module, as it is changring from Early Access to released and the other change is in pricing of the module. The development plan for the module features remains the same, so nothing to get fed up about :thumbup:

Edited by QuiGon
  • Like 3

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• ED Team
1 hour ago, QuiGon said:

So in short: Nothing in regards to the development plan of the F-16 has changed. The only change was the official status of the module, as it is changring from Early Access to released and the other change is in pricing of the module. The development plan for the module features remains the same, so nothing to get fed up about :thumbup:

That is the correct answer, the roadmap has not changed. 

The only thing that changed has been the list of items to be delivered while the product is in early access.

• Like 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Well if that is true that's ok, maybe next time it should be communicated as it is changed, so ppl don't make a fuss about it.

I guess ppl feel better when they see those features written on some kind of to-do list, 

Ppl are affraid they will be scammed or something, if its not there on the list.

Anyway I love your Viper work regardless, and hope we get as many features as you guys can get documentation on.

👍

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, SickSidewinder9 said:

Man, do some people need to fill out a Butthurt Report Form for HR?  Relax.  Like, is the Sniper pod even that noticeably different from the LITENING?
The sky is not falling.

If you don’t know the answer to this question,  maybe you should do some research instead of criticizing us for holding ED accountable.

• Like 4

I gotta say you guys do a terrific job moving the Viper forward but the last patch was a big set back on the AAR FLCS sensitivity. The pitch oscillation takes a lot of fun out to the point air refueling is close to impossible at night. Daytime is just a nightmare. I can stay in position for days with fuel door closed. 

If many people have reported this already my apologies.  

Viper is 💖 

2 hours ago, SickSidewinder9 said:

Man, do some people need to fill out a Butthurt Report Form for HR?  Relax.  Like, is the Sniper pod even that noticeably different from the LITENING?
The sky is not falling.

If you cared enough to actually read up on the different pods the F-16CM-50 employs rather than spending your time blindly handing out butthurt reports, you'd know that there are very noticeable differences between the SNIPER and LITENING pods, both hardware and software wise. Not getting the SNIPER pod means a reduction in capability compared to the real life F-16CM-50, both in the A-A and A-G arena.

• Like 5

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

• ED Team
3 minutes ago, WHOGX5 said:

If you cared enough to actually read up on the different pods the F-16CM-50 employs rather than spending your time blindly handing out butthurt reports, you'd know that there are very noticeable differences between the SNIPER and LITENING pods, both hardware and software wise. Not getting the SNIPER pod means a reduction in capability compared to the real life F-16CM-50, both in the A-A and A-G arena.

Luckily no one said you are not getting it at this time, it will just follow Early Access. 

• Like 1

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Data Cartridge removed, what the heck??? Didn't ED, after all these dozens of months finally realize what an incredible hustle it is to edit the CMS-file after every single (openbeta) patch to have PvP-worthy useful chaff and flare control??? [hint to all players: 1 button press button A - 1 chaff, 1 button press button B - 1 flare. Thank me later]

Wow...

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

8 hours ago, D4n said:

Data Cartridge removed, what the heck??? Didn't ED, after all these dozens of months finally realize what an incredible hustle it is to edit the CMS-file after every single (openbeta) patch to have PvP-worthy useful chaff and flare control??? [hint to all players: 1 button press button A - 1 chaff, 1 button press button B - 1 flare. Thank me later]

Wow...

No need for high blood pressure mate, scroll up a bit and read again.

Edited by _SteelFalcon_
  • Like 2

• ED Team
26 minutes ago, D4n said:

Wow...

Please read what has been posted by the team. 

thanks

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

41 minutes ago, D4n said:

Wow...

Ummmm... OK, I need to defend ED on this matter. You don't need to edit the CMS file after every single OB update. Your statement is false. In the past year, I only had to do it once since most of the updates do not reset the lua file. The only update that did was the one they changed the CMS functions of the F-16 (the one they added CMS left function and CMS right & aft for SEMI/AUTO and jammer), which makes sense since it was a CMS HOTAS rework. 

BTW, you can always keep a copy of your current CMS file in case a future update resets the lua file (most likely won't since CMS functions are complete on the F-16), then you could just copy and paste the lines, which only takes a minute to get it done.  

Edited by SCPanda

On 6/19/2022 at 5:18 PM, QuiGon said:

Well it could mean that ED will focus heavily on completing Apache before we're getting our years-long awaited DTC/them resting on the Viper not being sold as "early access" anymore... And it would be awesome if a livery-reference could be saved in the DTC aswell, so that each DCS player doesn't have to manually select their country's (realistlic) F-16 livery everytime they spawn on a multiplayer server, and that we're seeing some kind of international F-16 "fly-in" on all multiplayer servers after so many years of waiting, instead of basically every single F-16 pilot that you see flying near you being the same (still non-randomized!) "Gamblers" livery... 😐

Edited by D4n
DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

On 6/18/2022 at 11:35 AM, NineLine said:

DTC is most important one.. Thanks for dont remove it.. 

• Like 2

i9-9900K, 32GB 3200Mhz DDR4,Asus Rog Strix 3080 10GB, TM Hotas Cougar with Vipergear VFS-WE Mod, TM MFD Cougar, TM Warthog Base with F-16 Stick.

F-16C, F-14A/B, Syria Map, Supercarrier, Persian Gulf, Nevada.

• ED Team

Hi all, 

questions and concerns have been answered in this thread, as the thread is going off topic now we will close. 

thank you