Request Repair - Can't

Caldera

Hey All,

I got a little sloppy today and lost #1 engine due to ground fire.  I limped back to my FARP an attempted a repair.  I had no luck, it kept telling me that I needed to shut down my engines.  Both engines were shut off and #1 was, of course, dead.  Funny thing is the sound kept playing as if an engine was still running and the oil pressure on #1 engine was initially at 29, but crept up to 43 psi.  I connected to ground power and did not start the APU.

It says failure --> #1 engine failure

AH-64D 09 .gif

At the FARP when I tried to repair.

AH-64D 04 .gif

AH-64D 05 .gif

AH-64D 06 .gif

AH-64D 07 .gif

Because I was on ground power I tried to re-start both engines, but only #2 would start.  Notice the oil pressure with #1 engine off and #2 engine at idle.

AH-64D 08 .gif

I am thinking something is not right.  Anyone else have this happen to them?

Caldera

PS: The track file is 34MB.

Edited by Caldera
  • Like 1

Another one to mull over...

After engine 1 was knocked out I had managed to make it back to my FARP.  This time however I could not get the Chief to hook up ground power, get the ground crew to re-arm or refuel or repair.  Every time I tried I was ignored.

This picture shows engines off, APU off and battery off. 

AH-64D 10 .gif

There is certainly a glitch.  I hope ED takes a look at it before bringing the AH-64D to OpenBeta.

Caldera

Edited by Caldera

I use the auto stop feature so I dont have to shut everything down manually. I have had issues not shutting down properly when I used a joystick/key bind to move the power levers forward. Using the mouse and doing them individually allows me to use the auto stop. Only then am I able to repair.

I was able to do it by using the joystick/key bind for power levers forward smoothly and even though they were forward I used joystick/key bind to move again then was able to auto stop.

Intel i9-13900k, Asus Z790-E Gaming Wifi II mobo, 64gb Corsair DDR5-6400 RGB ram 2x32gb XMP2 profile, 2TB Crucial T700 PCIE 5.0 SSD internal, 2TB Samsung 980 Pro PCIE 4.0 SSD internal, Asus Tuf Gaming overclocked Nvidia RTX 4090, Corsair 7000X Case with 5 x 120mm intake fans and 4 x 140mm exhaust fans, side mounted Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360mm liquid cooler w/Elite LCD with 6 x 120mm fans in push-pull intake configuration 2 x 32" Asus 2560x1440 displays, TrackIR5 w/pro clip, Thrustmaster Warthog stick and throttle, CH Fighterstick Pro and Pebble Beach Velocity pedals. 

At present it look like there are a variety of failure modes where one the engines fail but when shutdown does not shutdown cleanly (presumably due to the way the damage is modelled). This leads the DCS crew chief to refuse to do the repair because the engine is still, in some way, "running". Variations have been reported several times, but it seems pretty hard to reliably reproduce. 

• ED Team

are you running exported displays?

please include a short as possible track replay to show the issue. 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Big,

It happened to me again this evening, On the third refuel / rearm attempt the ground crew just ignored me.  To my knowledge I had taken no damage.

12 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

are you running exported displays?

please include a short as possible track replay to show the issue. 

thanks

If you mean by "exported displays" that I am running more than monitor, then yes I am running two monitors.  I am running the main game one and one for the gunner MPD's.  There are no  mods being used.

As to including a track file... 

I can only recommend that ED changes it maximum file size for *.trk files.  Many times the mission track file is many times greater than 5mb.  I think that it would benefit ED to do so as they are missing out on allot of good information that can not be passed along through this web site.

Is there another way to pass large *.trk files to ED?

Caldera

• ED Team
4 hours ago, Caldera said:

I am running the main game one and one for the gunner MPD's.  There are no  mods being used.

It is a known issue with exported displays, the team are working on the issue. 

Larger track replays dont tend to be very useful for us, if a longer track needs to be shared using a cloud link like google drive or drop box can be used however. 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Big,

OK Thanks!

I tried running the same mission this morning with the same results.  On the third attempt to refuel / rearm the ground crew ignored me.  I then shut down both engines and turned off DC power.  The screen shot below is what things looked like after I did so.  This is the second time I have noticed that the MPD's do not go black and at the same time the ground crew ignores me.

AH-64D 11 .gif

Kind of ruined the mission I had been working so long on...

Caldera

Edited by Caldera

I was unable to run a repair yesterday whilst flying on the Rotorheads server. I lost number two engine. Returned to base and shut down. Ground crew refused to repair, telling me to shut down the engines. I restarted the apu and engine 2 oil psi was showing 20, and there was a faint engine sound that would disappear for a second or two then return. 

I’d been flying for a number of hours so I haven’t even considered uploading the track file.

I’ve also noticed that my Warthog throttles disconnect from their throttle bindings post repair. Prior to restarting the engines, I use the key commands to move the throttles forward which then re syncs my warthog throttles. Any suggestions on how to resolve this?

I don't see what this has to do with display exports. I'm not running display exports and had my engine shot out twice today, both times the status bar on the bottom said 46% RPM even after shutdown. This is an old bug, and I thought it had been fixed. I guess it's a regression.

• 9 months later...

Still having this issue with the Apache. Had my engine 1 shot out, flew back to FARP. Once I landed and shutdown it said in F2 view the engine was still running! Screenshots below.

Screen_230417_021434.png

Screen_230417_021439.png

Intel i5-8600k | EVGA RTX 3070 | Windows 10 | 32GB RAM @3600 MHz | 500 GB Samsung 850 SSD

• 3 weeks later...

The bug exists since like sept 2022. I have had it so many times.

It is systematic when you lost one engine by enemy fire, the engine will not shut down whatever you try to do (all systems off and you can still hear engine running in F2 view) and so the ground crew will refuse to repair asking you to shut down your engines.

To me the most frustrating bug of the Apache, you are glad to make it back to the FARP with one engine and there is no repair possible ... awful 😞