Super Tucano progress?

Jafferson

On 6/18/2022 at 7:49 PM, Harry.R said:

From their discord it's being made for a military contract, once tha's been fullfilled we might see it. Don't expect it any time soon though.

Not a jab at you. 
Maybe they shouldnt have promised it to the community then. 
Seems they have a large problem with doing this very thing and not delivering. Maybe 8-10 years down the line...
They first announced the T-27 Tucano in January of 2016. Then after some feedback from the community, changed it to the AT-29 Super Tucano. So in 6 years, they've FAILED to fulfil another project they announced. Mystery helo from 2 years ago? They poll the forums asking what helo we'd like and then nothing again.
They've got a serious image problem in this community. The workmanship is lacking and the development time is even worse. 1-2 coders? If DCS isn't a priority (which they have shown it not to be) then dont they shouldnt expect us to back them with praise or our money. 

• Like 1

Not a jab at you. 
Seems they have a large problem with doing this very thing and not delivering. Maybe 8-10 years down the line...
They first announced the T-27 Tucano in January of 2016. Then after some feedback from the community, changed it to the AT-29 Super Tucano. So in 6 years, they've FAILED to fulfil another project they announced. Mystery helo from 2 years ago? They poll the forums asking what helo we'd like and then nothing again.
They've got a serious image problem in this community. The workmanship is lacking and the development time is even worse. 1-2 coders? If DCS isn't a priority (which they have shown it not to be) then dont they shouldnt expect us to back them with praise or our money. 
RAZBAM has no "promise" or write of stone nothing (as ED) . The Super Tucano has under private military contract by the Ecuatorial Air Force first, and after a DCS entertainment module them, and about them has none put a release date... About the missing coders, RAZBAM talk some time ago about sme contract with new coder whit has moving forwards some projects.

Enviado desde mi RNE-L21 mediante Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Silver_Dragon said:

RAZBAM has no "promise" or write of stone nothing (as ED) . The Super Tucano has under private military contract by the Ecuatorial Air Force first, and after a DCS entertainment module them, and about them has none put a release date... About the missing coders, RAZBAM talk some time ago about sme contract with new coder whit has moving forwards some projects.

Enviado desde mi RNE-L21 mediante Tapatalk

Maybe do some research and you'll find yourself to be wrong. In the 2016 announcement, they stated the APEX EMB-312 was going to be released in FSX/P3D while Razbam would handle it in DCS. Later, after customer feedback the EMB-312 became the EMB-314. 

So if they've not made their project known to ED as an official module, they've been lying to the community then. 
Either way, 6 years is a ridiculous amount of time to hold onto a module. 

• ED Team

@ST0RM we get it you are not happy about information and how it has been shared, but please keep it civil. 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

1 hour ago, BIGNEWY said:

@ST0RM we get it you are not happy about information and how it has been shared, but please keep it civil. 

I'm just countering his reply with some bits of fact checking. I've got no intention of making it personal. Thanks for following up. 

On 6/20/2022 at 1:07 AM, ST0RM said:

Not a jab at you. 

Unerstood and feel the frustration as well, but at the end of the day we will get a Super Tuc, it will just take some time.

Did Razbam 'promised it to the community' or did they actually just show some work in progress? I doubt very much that any dev (apart from the long departed VAEO?!) would promise something, especially Razbam, who have fallen foul of customer backlash before.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/25/2022 at 8:42 PM, joanvalley said:

Crazy 2 and a half years of pandemic, we're still here and working on it.

Not sure how to take your comment, but during the pandemic, our team of 4 maintained a $10 million flight training device program, remotely. 16 FTDs across the US, plus Ak and Hi. 
So, the inability to push forward any of these drawn out projects using the COVID excuse, is rubbish. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So it would be really nice if RAZBAM in the near future, hopefully (not long) after the "Mudhen" is released.

On 9/9/2022 at 2:31 PM, joanvalley said:

Still working on it. It will come

So is death would rather like to be able to use the module before I "Kick the Bucket";)

One thing I would really like to know is why is RAZBAM being so cagey on this? Simple fact is the Super Tucano is a pretty basic capability as far as an attack aircraft goes.Its a Turboprop with some WW1 era machine guns and the ability to carry a target designating pod that's in the order of 15 or so years old. And as such quite outdated. So nothing about this aircraft's capabilities are that remarkable and should trigger any OPSEC concerns if this module is released for the game.

So these are my question to RAZBAM.

Is the EMB 314 ST not to released as a "public" module FF at earliest opportunity because A: The Ecuadorian Air Force has OPSEC concerns, B: Embraer has some issues or C:some other tech secrets related issues?

It just seems to me that there should be no reason that Military/ game module releases need to be staggered (with release of game module long after) as RAZBAM is seems implying. no tech on the Aircraft is particularly Remarkable. I doubt the Target pod is probably replaced with a newer/better one, radios are upgraded on yearly basis's. Datalink (link 16 are already in other modules otherwise Uncle Sam wouldn't have allowed RAZBAM to Develop the F-15E,

So is a government contract going to possibly restrain RAZBAM's earnings. I don't see the need for RAZBAM to be so unclear with the community in regards to the EMB314. IS RAZBAM so worried that the government of Ecuador's chump change contract is more valuable than the earnings that RAZBAM would have from the game side of sales?

Don't take this as a full on critique of RAZBAM most of it is genuine curiosity.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...