Mirage 2000C 06/2022 update presentation

myHelljumper

3 hours ago, myHelljumper said:

Updated manual

Well. Are you planning to update the training missions? I would love to relearn her. I have stopped doing it last year after huge updates. I think now is the time to bring everything with her up to date.

Thanks. 

wow  ,can't find a word to express my like and appreciation 👍

So many things have been added to the Mirage this year.The details on it are already blowing my mind。

And thanks for the “MISSION ACCOMPLIE” livery,it's because of your hard work that we can still get this beautiful plane flying in our sim after its retirement.

Good job and keep going.

• Like 1

Kyoto Animation forever!

Excellent news.  Took the current version out earlier this week for a spin around the SA map, lovin it.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Simply excellent, the mirage trully became one of the best DCS modules because of the work you put into updating it and this engine update shows yet again your commitment to your product, thanks a lot for that !

On that note, are there any other major reworks that are planned for the M2000c or that you know you will end up doing down the line ?

• Like 2

Full fidelity su27/mig29 ?

11 hours ago, myHelljumper said:

The aircraft can now follow the standard break procedure, something that was not possible previously due to the drag being too high at high AoA.

If I'm reading that correctly, does that mean we'll be able to snap that nose around even faster now when dealing with those pesky F-18's? 🙂   Errr, I mean, so we can do a standard break pattern... 😅

I'm not updating this anymore. It's safe to assume I have all the stuff, and the stuff for the stuff too. 🙂

Wow .. the manual more than doubled in size, from 320 pages it went up to 689 ... thanks a lot Razbam and @baltic_dragon .. I just love extensive documentation  👍

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Btw, perhaps replacing the PDF download with a direct file link, the preview link right now tries to open the PDF which at this huge size and complexity it'll probably never do in-browser, or it'll take a lot of RAM and lag a lot.

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

8 minutes ago, Worrazen said:

Btw, perhaps replacing the PDF download with a direct file link

it is a direct link onto a google drive file .. perhaps you are using google chrome as a browser 🙂

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

1 hour ago, Rudel_chw said:

it is a direct link onto a google drive file .. perhaps you are using google chrome as a browser 🙂

It does look like one yeah but, it open a page with a loading icon that spins forever and there's a small icon in right upper corner for download.

It's Firefox for OpenSUSE (linux) Tumbleweed currently.

ADD: Same thing happens on a  much older Firefox on Windows 10

Edited by Worrazen

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

38 minutes ago, Worrazen said:

It does look like one yeah but, it open a page with a loading icon that spins forever and there's a small icon in right upper corner for download.

It's Firefox for OpenSUSE (linux) Tumbleweed currently.

ADD: Same thing happens on a  much older Firefox on Windows 10

Strange .. the links works fine on my iPad and on my PC:

VQXet7r.jpg

Edited by Rudel_chw

4 hours ago, Worrazen said:

Btw, perhaps replacing the PDF download with a direct file link, the preview link right now tries to open the PDF which at this huge size and complexity it'll probably never do in-browser, or it'll take a lot of RAM and lag a lot.

I haven't had any issue with it, inside Chrome, on several machines, or via straight download. The entire manual is only 25.6MB anyway, which of course, put in RAM terms is only 2.56% of 1 GB, that doesn't seem like a size that should be taxing for any reasonable system these days, when a bargain basement level PC (and I doubt anyone here has a basement level machine for DCS) comes with 4GB of RAM, and much more commonly, 8GB.

It also loaded fine on my phone, which is only a PIxel 4a, no monster by any means.

I'm not updating this anymore. It's safe to assume I have all the stuff, and the stuff for the stuff too. 🙂

Great stuff! There's nothing that gives me more trust in a developer than kind of product comittment gives. Keep it up! :thumbup:

• Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

15 hours ago, Despayre said:

I haven't had any issue with it, inside Chrome, on several machines, or via straight download. The entire manual is only 25.6MB anyway, which of course, put in RAM terms is only 2.56% of 1 GB, that doesn't seem like a size that should be taxing for any reasonable system these days, when a bargain basement level PC (and I doubt anyone here has a basement level machine for DCS) comes with 4GB of RAM, and much more commonly, 8GB.

It also loaded fine on my phone, which is only a PIxel 4a, no monster by any means.

Yeah false alarm, I was opening it in LibreOffice Draw which took 1.8GB RAM, I think because it loads the whole PDF as an editable document and fully caches it into RAM, not just quick view. Opening in Okular or Foxit PDF Viewer on Windows takes less than 100MB.

• Like 2

Thanks for the update Razbam! Looking forward to flying an even more realistic Mirage 2000. Incredible how such an old module has grown from an incomplete module to the best fighter jet simulation and keeps getting better!

Specs: Samsung Odyssey MR (VR)

MoBo ASUS Z97-K ; CPU i5-4690K 4.1GHz w/CM Hyper212 Evo; GPU GTX 980Ti; RAM 2400MHz CL11 2x8GB; SSD Samsung EVO 250GB (x2); HDD WD Blue 1TB; Case Corsair Obsidian 450D

Thrustmast T.16000M TWCS HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

DCS modules: NTTR, Normandy, M-2000C, Mi-8, SA342, FC3, Ka-50, UH-1H, Bf.109K4, FW-190D9, P-51D, Hawk T.1A, CA

Hey there,

Im new here with the mirage and was wondering if there was any chance of there being a m2000-5 variant in the future? I really like the mirage but i feel like the lack of A/A weapons really limit the jet in BVR fights such as against the F/A18, and the -5 variant would be able to carry 6 bvr fox 3 missiles and that would really make the mirage so much more competitive and a challenge against more modern jets. 

PS: I apologize if this has been asked before

14 hours ago, Leon.S said:

I'm new here with the mirage and was wondering if there was any chance of there being a m2000-5 variant in the future?

AFAIK (via Discord) Razbam have no plans to model the M2000-5 in the near term,

Razbam_Discord_2000-5.png

... as to what might be available in the future, that will likely depend on AdA's requirements and how much (if any) they are willing to share publicly.

AFAIK there's not enough publicly available info on the 2000-5 to make a DCS level module without the help of the AdA.

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Thanks RAZBAM for the good news and for your work on the manual MyHellJumper.

Will it be necessary to maintain full Mil Power above M1.4 (M1.6 ?) or will the FADEC do the job for us?

Will there still be some kind of engine compressor stall above lvl 655 ?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, arnokm said:

Thanks RAZBAM for the good news and for your work on the manual MyHellJumper.

Will it be necessary to maintain full Mil Power above M1.4 (M1.6 ?) or will the FADEC do the job for us?

Will there still be some kind of engine compressor stall above lvl 655 ?

Thanks for the kind words.

The pilot needs to maintain MIL power avobe Mach 1.4 by himself, the FADEC won't do it.

I didn't test high altitude flameout of the engine, I'm not sure at what altitude it will happen.

• Thanks 1

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA