Mirage 2000C 06/2022 update presentation

myHelljumper

https://discord.com/channels/536389125276827660/544216334045544448/986678972031062057

Upcoming Mirage Changes for Next Week's Patch

DCS M-2000C by RAZBAM Simulations
=================================

Redesign of the M53-P2 engine model
 - Improved: New engine physics model
 - Improved: Evolution of performance with pressure, temperature, speed
 - Added: Precipitation effect
 - Improved: More realistic transient
 - Improved: More realistic FADEC with alternation (SEC CALC) and emergency (SEC CARB)
 - Added: SEC CALC can be set manually or automatically and reset manually
 - Improved: Engine alarms
 - Updated: Adjusted drag (aircraft and stores) to match engine performance
 - Added: Supersonic extinction in slow motion
 - Updated: In-flight restart held by solenoid - Added:
 Motor physical data recording function

- Added: Engine smoke on damage/fire (not yet synced MP)
 - Improved: No more engine failures
 - Added: Physical performance degradation
 - Added: Engine overheat damage
 - Added: Engine fires (main and afterburner)
 - Added: Cascading engine damage (compressor explosion can cause further damage)
 - Added: engine damage with high mach and retracted cones
 - Added: oil leak modeling and DRY OIL switch (emergency oil)
 - Added: Pistol damage
 - Improved: the 4 slats can be damaged independently

Weapons
 - Added high and low drag SAMP250 bombs

Various
 - Added: absolute BAD coordinates in DTC text format
 - Improved: AP pitch correction is less aggressive
 - Improved: more realistic HUD FOV and constrained FPM/target box law
 - Added: fuel dump trails (not MP synced yet)
 - Improved: Exterior light levels
 - Improved: Landing gear model
 - Added: Customizable elastic limit (threshold of stick G limiter based on force)
 - Improved: Aerodynamics of the airbrakes
 - Improved: Green radio guard watch added to SRS

Liveries:
 - Tigermeet liveries have been renamed to avoid being set as default
 - Added MISSION ACCOMPLISHED retirement celebration livery

Bugs
 - Fixed: Default green radio channel set to 01
 - Fixed: PCM prompt remains when SABER is off
 - Fixed: RWR threat display issue in some cases

Edited June 15 by rep3t3
with an update of this size I would be surprised that ED forgot to put the update notes!!!!! right?

39 minutes ago, Gwalker99 said:

Is this DCS 2000 the -5 model?  and can it load LGB?  thanks 

No, it is a Mirage 2000-C. Yes, it can load Laser Guided Bombs of 500 and 1000 lb.

Edited by Rudel_chw

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

17 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

No, it is a Mirage 2000-C. Yes, it can load Laser Guided Bombs of 500 and 1000 lb.

Also, the Paveway 2000lb Laser Guided Bomb too. 🙂

I'm not updating this anymore. It's safe to assume I have all the stuff, and the stuff for the stuff too. 🙂

12 minutes ago, Gwalker99 said:

Oh NO 😞 

It wouldn't be fair to all the F-18's if our plane was just better at *everything*! 😅

• Like 1

I'm not updating this anymore. It's safe to assume I have all the stuff, and the stuff for the stuff too. 🙂

Since the update, I've noticed my fuel flow at idle is 15, it used to be 12. Now, when I come to a stop, and release the brakes, it starts to roll again unless I apply the handbrake. 

Is there a reason for this?

2 minutes ago, Despayre said:

Is there a reason for this?

Yes, better modelling of engine thrust, drag and fuel burn.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

45 minutes ago, Ramsay said:

Yes, better modelling of engine thrust, drag and fuel burn.

Seems odd to have a plane that can't idle without trying to go somewhere, but if that's more realistic, I guess it is what it is... but that still seems ... counter-productive.

Oh well, I'm off to map the handbrake to the HOTAS now... 🙂 

31 minutes ago, Despayre said:

Seems odd to have a plane that can't idle without trying to go somewhere, but if that's more realistic, I guess it is what it is... but that still seems ... counter-productive.

Oh well, I'm off to map the handbrake to the HOTAS now... 🙂 

Most fighter aircraft roll on idle IRL when lightly loaded. A reactor still produces a non-negligible amount of thrust at idle.

I know the A-10 or the F-16 does it for example.

In DCS we had to use a "hack" to make it work for the mirage

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

Is there any information on what the "Log engine physical data" special option is for? I can see the spreadsheet, but it's not clear what it's for. I'm assuming it's just a development feature, but I'm excited by the prospect that maybe the Mirage can "remember" it's engine between sessions at some point 

On 6/23/2022 at 7:44 PM, gnomechild said:

Is there any information on what the "Log engine physical data" special option is for? I can see the spreadsheet, but it's not clear what it's for. I'm assuming it's just a development feature, but I'm excited by the prospect that maybe the Mirage can "remember" it's engine between sessions at some point 

It's there to serve as a "white paper", in case anyone with a strong experience in jet engine modelling wants to share its feedback. It also has some value for understanding any issue that could be found by users.

• Like 2

On 6/23/2022 at 9:34 AM, myHelljumper said:

Most fighter aircraft roll on idle IRL when lightly loaded. A reactor still produces a non-negligible amount of thrust at idle.

I know the A-10 or the F-16 does it for example.

In DCS we had to use a "hack" to make it work for the mirage

Ok, first of all, ignore the epic failure on the world's easiest road landing, lol... the oncoming traffic threw me off... ya, that's what I'm going with... but still, here's the question... how does this jet, with no engine (if there were, it should be in afterburner, and you could see the exhaust), no wheels, but still somehow showing 100% rpm, and airbrakes on, in the dirt... roll *backwards* across the flat road? 😅 (I do realize, that this should "probably" in no way affect general flying of any kind, it's just not realistic, or does the Mirage have some cool retro-thrusters up front I was unaware of? 😂)

Nope.trk