Mirage 2000C 06/2022 update presentation

myHelljumper

noticed that i can put my throttle to 103%thrust (but not 100% of the throttle)  and using arround 210kg/min fuel (golf map)    when fully put my throttle to max i still have the 103% thrust but using over 400kg/min fuel?XD

15 minutes ago, Am0KK said:

noticed that i can put my throttle to 103%thrust (but not 100% of the throttle)  and using arround 210kg/min fuel (golf map)    when fully put my throttle to max i still have the 103% thrust but using over 400kg/min fuel?XD

"Dr, it hurts when I do this...."...

"Well then, don't do that.". 😂

I'm not updating this anymore. It's safe to assume I have all the stuff, and the stuff for the stuff too. 🙂

41 minutes ago, Am0KK said:

Google for "afterburner" 😆

1 hour ago, Am0KK said:

when fully put my throttle to max i still have the 103% thrust but using over 400kg/min fuel?

As stated by others, pushing the throttle to Max, engages the afterburner which injects addition fuel into the engine exhaust to increase thrust (rather than increase RPM).

Introduction
------------
The Snecma M-53 is an afterburning turbofan engine developed for the Dassault Mirage 2000 fighter. The M53-P2 is an improvement to the initial M53-5 improving throttle response as well as dry and wet thrust.

Engine performance
------------------
The new engine maximum performance has not changed significantly with the update, but it will be more accurate in all regimes of flight and also have a more realistic behavior.

The most evident change is the engine RPM that will now go up to 103% instead of 100%. This is because the aircraft was originally equipped with the less powerful M53-5 engine which would go to 100%.

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/303077-mirage-2000c-062022-update-presentation

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Just flew the Mirage 2000 over the Falklands. Truly excellent aircraft to fly. I can’t wait to get to know it better. Well done RAZBAM on a terrific update.

Edited by Snowy55
Corrected text
  • Like 2

Rig: RTX 4080, 11th Gen Intel Core i7 11700K, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 3xSSD Drives, TM F/A18 Grip on Virpil WarBrd base, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, VKB-Sim T Rudder Pedals MkIV, Virpil MongoosT-50CM throttle, Varjo Aero.

Planning on testing how all these changes have affected the STR of the aircraft soon. I've heard worrying rumors that the Mirage 2000 is now outrating every 4th gen jet in the sim, incl. the F-16, F-14, F-15, Su27, MiG29 & F/A-18. Which obviously it shouldn't be capable of.

2 hours ago, Hummingbird said:

Planning on testing how all these changes have affected the STR of the aircraft soon. I've heard worrying rumors that the Mirage 2000 is now outrating every 4th gen jet in the sim, incl. the F-16, F-14, F-15, Su27, MiG29 & F/A-18. Which obviously it shouldn't be capable of.

Why type this kind of post BEFORE doing your tests?  .. why tarnish a DCS module reputation based on just a rumor? 👎

• Like 4

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

29 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

Why type this kind of post BEFORE doing your tests?  .. why tarnish a DCS module reputation based on just a rumor? 👎

Tarnish? I wrote I've heard rumors. Calm down.

Edited by Hummingbird

31 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

It's based on this video which is downright daft - he claims at one point a 17 d/s turnrate at the exact same time that tacview on the screen shows he averaged 11.6 throughout the turn. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Hummingbird said:

Calm down.

I'm calm .. just that is the type of thing that I would never do: speak before checking the facts.

• Like 4

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

1 hour ago, Rudel_chw said:

I'm calm .. just that is the type of thing that I would never do: speak before checking the facts.

Speak? Like I said, I'm not declaring any overperformance, I'm stating I've heard rumors, which has made me curious. No reason to create drama out of nothing.

1 hour ago, Ian Boys UK said:

It's based on this video which is downright daft - he claims at one point a 17 d/s turnrate at the exact same time that tacview on the screen shows he averaged 11.6 throughout the turn. 

That's not where I got it from, I got it from friends who had been BFM'ing it in the F-14 & F-16. That doesn't mean its true ofcourse, which is why I need to check it out.

Edited by Hummingbird

6 hours ago, Ian Boys UK said:

As said above, the video is wrong the aircraft is not having 17 °/s turns at these speeds.......

We know the aircraft is over-performing in STR by ~10% at worst, but we already have a reworked FM version in development that resolved this issue.

As soon as the reworked FM and FBW are ready we will release them and then you guys can compare the turn rates :).

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

Could you guys avoid starting an argument from a video where a guy counts a full turn as 260° and count seconds in his head? 😆

Use the module by yourself, measure turn rates by accurate and scientifical means YOURSELVES, and we talk

Errare humanum est, perseverare diabolicum

Edited by Kercheiz
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Kercheiz said:

Could you guys avoid starting an argument from a video where a guy counts a full turn as 260° and count seconds in his head? 😆

Use the module by yourself, measure turn rates by accurate and scientifical means YOURSELVES, and we talk

Errare humanum est, perseverare diabolicum

Kercheiz we already discredited it video in the first post about it, don't worry.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, myHelljumper said:

As said above, the video is wrong the aircraft is not having 17 °/s turns at these speeds.......

We know the aircraft is over-performing in STR by ~10% at worst, but we already have a reworked FM version in development that resolved this issue.

As soon as the reworked FM and FBW are ready we will release them and then you guys can compare the turn rates :).

Ok, that's good to know. 10% can afterall be crucial in a dogfight, as it can amount to several deg/sec in turn rate.

3 hours ago, Nimbur said:

i am eagerly awaiting the implementation of the D2M ir warning system...hopefully it will come soon...is sorely needed <.<

Bit confused by this comment... It's implemented already.

Has to be enabled in the mission, and also with the proper selection of the DDM missile pylons.

• 2 weeks later...