Handing off a moving target from the targeting pod to a Maverick AGM-65D

IR.Clutch

Hi folks,

I'm struggling locking up a moving Smerch targets with the Maverick in the default "Stop Rockets Rolling" mission. I set the Maverick to PRE, AUTO handoff in the TGP, I slew to the moving target, Point Track it with TMS UP short, its locked. The target keeps moving but the tracking of the seeker is where it first locked. The weird thing is that if I do a manual lock from the WPN page, the Maverick tracks the target just fine.

Thanks in advance.

i7-11700K 5GHz, 64GB DDR4@3200, ZOTAC RTX4090, iiyama 34 Red Eagle  || Quest 3, HP Reverb G2, TrackIR 5  || Orion2 F-16EX Viper Throttle Combo, TM Warthog throttle(button box),  Virpil WarBRD+Viper stick, VPC interceptor pedals || TM MFD Cougar pack || F-16C, F-15E, AH-64D | Simshaker Jetpad || F-16 Panels: Landing Gear, CMDS, ICP, Avionics, Sensors, Lighting, Air Cond, HUD, Anti Ice

The issue is that the SPI doesnt update when a target is moving. The mav will look at the place where you first pressed tms up. You can cross check that with the target box location. It doesnt move, even if the tgp in point track is following the vehicle. It‘s a know issue and has sadly been around for a pretty long time now. Also there has not been any mention since way back that a fix is on the way

• Like 2

It's very frustrating.. Hasn't anyone reported it yet? Do I need to duplicate this issue in the Bugs thread?

i7-11700K 5GHz, 64GB DDR4@3200, ZOTAC RTX4090, iiyama 34 Red Eagle  || Quest 3, HP Reverb G2, TrackIR 5  || Orion2 F-16EX Viper Throttle Combo, TM Warthog throttle(button box),  Virpil WarBRD+Viper stick, VPC interceptor pedals || TM MFD Cougar pack || F-16C, F-15E, AH-64D | Simshaker Jetpad || F-16 Panels: Landing Gear, CMDS, ICP, Avionics, Sensors, Lighting, Air Cond, HUD, Anti Ice

2 hours ago, IR Sky said:

It's very frustrating.. Hasn't anyone reported it yet? Do I need to duplicate this issue in the Bugs thread?

All one can do is wait. Same thing with the TTI and TTA indications in the HUD that are missing for the last amraam… it‘s been reported soooo many times, and yet it‘s still not there. It is kinda frustrating

Edited by _SteelFalcon_

What's frustraing now is the Viper can't do BVR at all after April's update...because of the radar performence. Like literally can't do at all. I wonder why so less people even mention about it cuz it is such a big deal.. Anyway, if you use GMT mode in radar to designate a ground moving target it could work better than tgp. the SPI will update if doing it correctly. 

On 6/19/2022 at 12:58 AM, JarrodR5 said:

Anyway, if you use GMT mode in radar to designate a ground moving target it could work better than tgp. the SPI will update if doing it correctly. 

SPI will be continuously updated but you cannot handoff from FCR to MAV. You have to SOI to MAV and when you do it, maverick crosshair will stop following a moving target.

i9 9700K @5.0GHz; 2080 Ti, 32GB RAM. Reverb G2; TM Warthog on VPC WarBRD Base, MFG Crosswind V3

3小时前,Marklar说:

SPI will be continuously updated but you cannot handoff from FCR to MAV. You have to SOI to MAV and when you do it, maverick crosshair will stop following a moving target.

you can simply press TMS aft after selecting MAV as SOI, it will update. this will not be a problem. I used such method to destroyed so many convoys already.