SSS Switch not setting TPOD DESG for LPOD

RebelCid

I am having trouble setting the TPOD as the SOI. I am pressing the SSS within 0.8s but its not going into HTS. TDC ACTION DOWN will temporarily set TPOD DESG but when released will go back to HUD DESG or TV DESG. DESG is boxed on the EHSD. I have TDC easy mode unticked. I am at my wits end trying to figure out what I am doing wrong. 

14 hours ago, Topo said:

isn't a rapid, double press?

Yes, it's Sensor Select Switch depress double tap, to bring up the TPOD on the RH MPCD and Enter/Exit TPOD HOTAS Mode (HTS).

AV8B SSS Depress Douple Tap, Screen_220620_211444.jpg

The mode it'll start in will depended on the aircraft's current status i.e. is there a waypoint/target designation or similar to "slave to".

You can see the SOI source and designation on the TPOD's display.

AV8B TPOD Designation Status.JPG

If it's not in TPOD DES at first, it'll usually switch to that mode once you start/stop slewing the cross hairs (IIRC it's important for the slewing to stop, so if using an analogue axis - you may need to add dead zones to stop drift).

Before switching to another mode/weapon, AFAIK the AV-8B requires you to create a Target designation using TDC depress "TDC Down (Action Position)"

Here's a rather poor video of me using the TPOD to find target's to fire IRMAV at.

@RebelCid If you still have issues please share a screenshot or short track (i.e. an air spawn) of you using the TPOD and I'll try to spot your problem.

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

SSS long press brings up FLIR image on HUD, when HUD day/night switch is set to "night". SSS double press selects TPOD as SOI.

I read somewhere that the TPOD was added later to the Harrier and they had to implement it on top of existing software/hardware in the plane. Not sure it that's the reason for this odd, but very functional, quirk. 

13 hours ago, vasco12r said:

SSS long press brings up FLIR image on HUD, when HUD day/night switch is set to "night". SSS double press selects TPOD as SOI.

I read somewhere that the TPOD was added later to the Harrier and they had to implement it on top of existing software/hardware in the plane. Not sure it that's the reason for this odd, but very functional, quirk. 

3 hours ago, Topo said:

Correct.

From what I remember, it's a quick double press, within 0.8 sec.

Perhaps is this the @RebelCid (and @Spurts?) problem?

I never had a problem doing either FLIR HUD nor the TPOD, I guess I had just done them enough that I let my finger do what it needed to do and stopped paying attention to what it was.  Sorry for giving incorrect information earlier, and thank you to everyone who gave the correct information.