Need help with the first mission

PLAAF

Hi, does any one know how to landing in the snow storm which we will encounter in the first mission?

There is no ILS on MiG-19, but since it is made into the mission, I assume there is a professional way to do it. 

I couldn't see anything in this weather until it is too late. If you know how to do it, please teach me. Thanks

qLjvyQ3.png

My Adorable Communist Errand Girls  🙂

Led by me, the Communist Errand Panda 🥰

• 4 weeks later...

On 6/18/2022 at 11:20 PM, PLAAF said:

Hi, does any one know how to landing in the snow storm which we will encounter in the first mission?

There is no ILS on MiG-19, but since it is made into the mission, I assume there is a professional way to do it. 

I couldn't see anything in this weather until it is too late. If you know how to do it, please teach me. Thanks

Did you sort this out?

If not. Tune the near/far to the inner/outer NDB beacons.

Cheers!

Edited by MAXsenna

4 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

Did you sort this out?

If not. Tune the near/far to the inner/outer NDB beacons.

Cheers!

Hi, thanks for trying to help me. But I have tried that long ago. It won't work since the markers are highly inaccurate. You will get a buzz even when you are a few hundred meters away from it. Secondly, for the sake of the argument, even if it is very accurate, if you can't see the run way, you won't know when to touch down. If you touch down too early, and landed before the concrete runway, you will crash. If you touch down too late, you won't have enough room to decelerate.

qLjvyQ3.png

Hi, thanks for trying to help me. But I have tried that long ago. It won't work since the markers are highly inaccurate. You will get a buzz even when you are a few hundred meters away from it. Secondly, for the sake of the argument, even if it is very accurate, if you can't see the run way, you won't know when to touch down. If you touch down too early, and landed before the concrete runway, you will crash. If you touch down too late, you won't have enough room to decelerate.
Right. Fair points. It's been a while since I flew that mission. Could it be broken?
I probably did it before the new clouds.
Which airfield is it again?

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

On 7/13/2022 at 8:27 AM, MAXsenna said:

Right. Fair points. It's been a while since I flew that mission. Could it be broken?
I probably did it before the new clouds.
Which airfield is it again?

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Senaki I think.

So, this is all due to the introduction of new cloud? That explains everything then. I thought it was a design oversight on Razebam's parts.

qLjvyQ3.png

• 1 month later...

If anybody is still reading this post I just tried the first mission and managed to land (just). It's hard but here's my suggestion. Tune the near beacon and try cross it on runway heading plus 10 degrees (because theres a crosswind). Configure the aircraft for landing really early and try cross the beacon at about 200-300m at a reasonable speed and trimmed, ignore the bell just wait for the needle to flip around. Once you see it moving descend until you're flying at treetop height then look for the runway. Land.

It's pretty tricky with that crosswind and I ended up crossing the beacon at an angle that just wasn't going to work but I did manage to get sight of the runway as I crossed the threshold, I did a full power orbit to the right keeping the outline of the airfield in sight and then just landed half way down the runway from that. 

Realistically I probably would've wrecked the landing gear in real life but fortunately it's a game and you can smash it on no worries.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...