Recording video but from VR picture

Is there any software or idea to record picture from VR but without this frame and in rectangular, wide proportions? Sometimes I see videos from DSC  and from VR but it looks normally, like 16:9 picture on YouTube.

If I record video direct from DCS it looks like this (on screenshot below). I use OBS studio https://obsproject.com/ .

DOIeJRd.jpg

Example:

Any ideas? :bye_2:

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Do you need to record live? Even if you've played in VR you can play the tracks back in 2D. Can you use OBS to record whilst you're playing a track file?

If you want to see the VR head movements from the pilot's perspective the track file will show that, as long as you leave it alone to play and don't switch to any other views, such as F2 etc. As soon as you do that you lose the VR pilot's view.

• Like 1

i5-11600K CPU, 64GB DDR4 RAM, XFX Speedster MERC319 AMD Radeon 6900 XT, Oculus Quest 2, HP Reverb G2

On 6/22/2022 at 3:52 PM, AlpineGTA said:

Do you need to record live? Even if you've played in VR you can play the tracks back in 2D. Can you use OBS to record whilst you're playing a track file?

If you want to see the VR head movements from the pilot's perspective the track file will show that, as long as you leave it alone to play and don't switch to any other views, such as F2 etc. As soon as you do that you lose the VR pilot's view.

Thx, however the problem is that many track have an issue if you start from cold and dark. I'll try it, ok, however few months ago I tested it (I had the same idea) and in track was different that it was in orginal flight.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

• 2 months later...
On 6/26/2022 at 10:02 AM, YoYo said:

Thx, however the problem is that many track have an issue if you start from cold and dark. I'll try it, ok, however few months ago I tested it (I had the same idea) and in track was different that it was in orginal flight.

I do this but you have to do it every time they put out a update.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's such a shame D3DGear stopped updating their VR support. I was never told why (I was beta tester - you can see my Elite vid on their website and YT channel) but I got the impression it was because updates to VR API kept breaking things and presenting new challenges to the single dev.

It was the only utility to record direct from output to the headset and I used it for all my YT vids for the first 2 years, until it didn't work any more. We could really do with another such utility, but I'm guessing the same things will put other devs off, too.

Edited by Johnny Dioxin
spellling
  • Like 1

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2