Weird A/A radar locks on the ground

Lujunning

OK, the issue is, in short, when I am on the ground, weight on wheels, no radar page(s) on DDIs, and not in A/A master mode. However, when I try to activate NWS HI, pressing the S button, the radar locks a target, which is not supposed to, the radar seems to be silent. Such behavior matchs what the radar in air fights should do when pressing S. So I assume it's a bug.

PS:I was using TWS mode before I landed. I encountered such issus several times but I do not assure it can be replicated.

14 hours ago, Tholozor said:

It's not 'locking' a radar contact, it's designating L&S.

Yeah,but,they are basically the same thing.And the most important thing is that I can designate it when I am on the ground,and no radar pages on DDIs

• ED Team

As mentioned above it will depend, this is why we ask for a track replay so we can confirm. 

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

23 hours ago, Tholozor said:

No, L&S (designating) and STT (lock) are not the same thing. STT requires radar emission, L&S does not.

OK,I should have been more precise about it,thanks.

6 hours ago, Hulkbust44 said:

No issue. You can see in real-world HUD footage the same thing happening.

Wow,it's fun,thanks.