Adding the option to only have 1 ATGM on one pylon on the Mi24.

AviatorBG

Hey, I've been wondering for a while now, if we could have the option to only have 1 ATGM per pylon, as seen on multiple occasions in real life

I've added a few pictures.

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Mi24p.jpg

Mi24 pusk.jpg

MG_7090.jpg

Edited by AviatorBG
Accidentally posted while writing, added pictures
  • Like 2

• AviatorBG changed the title to Adding the option to only have 1 ATGM on one pylon on the Mi24.

There is an interview Alex did pre release, saying they wouldn’t implement “exotic” loadouts like this that have been seen in Syria. But they have reversed their stance before

Matters little to me, but as long as it’s minimal dev time I wouldn’t mind! 

But what I find interesting is those are all blue stripe Shturms. The blue stripe means that, you have to fire the Shturm before using any gun or rockets. If you use gun or rockets before firing the Shturms, the Shturms are essentially ruined

So I think what you see is a few things. They only want two so that they don’t have to through 4 ATGMs before firing rockets and gun. They want the load to be symmetrical. And they still have lots of old stockpile of original manufacturing run Shturms they are trying to go through so that they only have more recent Shturms that can handle being fired after guns and rockets have been fired 

Edited by AeriaGloria

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...

I think that the improvements to the Apache - namely the ability to carry less than the full amount of Hellfires per rack ought to be eventually passed on to the other helicopters (i.e. Mi-24, Ka-50). It would seem to be fair.

That said the Mi-24 is relatively well off since its racks only carry two missiles per rack (rather than four or six)... so there is already some flexibility there.

On the other hand the Mi-24 has the smallest useable payload out of the three so it needs to be even more cautious in terms of what it carries.

Edited by Avimimus
  • Like 1