Suggestion: Make "Supercarrier functionality" a checkbox in ME

twistking

Now that the Stennis is visually on par with the "Supercarriers", i do wonder if it wasn't a good idea to have the supercarrier feature-set independent of the actual ship model, but have it as a checkbox in the ME, where the mission editor could make the ship "supercarrier compatible" for owners of the module. So the Stennis could have the supercarrier features for those who own the module while the other carriers could be stripped of the functionality if so desired.
This suggestion does not come from the idea of giving more free stuff to non-owners, but to make it more logical from a product perspective. You would simply have the collection of high quality assets for everyone and buying the dlc would give you access to the featureset.
Of course non-buyers would "profit" from having acess to more high ship fidelity assets, but i think the reason for buying the module will always be the functionality, now that the Stennis looks as good as the others.

Just a thought...

• Like 2

I know where you're coming from.  What is going on with the Stennis?  I hadn't actually noticed the model change (I guess these things are wasted on me), but it still doesn't appear to have a deck crew, although the radio comms are SC comms.  It's a bit of a frankencarrier.

It would useful to have the ability (for testing) to have the non-SC Stennis even if you have the SC add-on installed.  I thought they were going to go with two different types in the ME, which I think I would've preferred, but it seems there's only one type in the ME and you just get whichever you've paid for.  If I want to try a non-SC Stennis I guess I have to disable the SC add-on?

Personally I think it just causes too much confusion, and hassle for ED, and the SC should just be a part of base DCS with ED recovering costs via a "surcharge" on carrier-capable aircraft.

Edited by Hippo
  • Like 1

System spec: Intel i9 13900KF @ stock,  Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB GDDR6X, Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600MHz C18, Samsung 980 EVO 500 GB NVME M.2 SSD (system drive), Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB NVME M.2 SSD (games drive), Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler, Asus XG43UQ Monitor, Oculus Quest Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

On 6/25/2022 at 4:38 PM, Hippo said:

If I want to try a non-SC Stennis I guess I have to disable the SC add-on?

Yes.

The plan is to have all the SC features automatically working if you have the SC enabled. That's the least confusing way.

• Thanks 1

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

17 hours ago, draconus said:

Yes.

The plan is to have all the SC features automatically working if you have the SC enabled. That's the least confusing way.

ok. that's also a decent solution. will this then mean that non-owners can also use all carriers, but without the exra "supercarrier" functionality?

5 minutes ago, twistking said:

will this then mean that non-owners can also use all carriers, but without the exra "supercarrier" functionality?

We don't know that yet.

• Thanks 1

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria