F18 Tactical formation shorthand symboloby question

Jenson
Go to solution Solved by Spock14,

Hey guys, 

As I was reading the Navy's tactical formation, I was confused withthe shorthand symbology section. It didn't explain how to use hand gestures to perform these symbols, does anyone know and kindly explain how to do this? thanks a lot. 

nullSource: CNATRA P-1288 (Rev. 05-20), page 12, figure 1-1

image.png

• PC Specs: Intel i7 9700, Nvidia RTX 2080S, Corsair 64G DDR4, MSI B360M Mortar Titanium, Intel 760P M.2 256GB SSD + Samsung 1TB SSD, Corsair RM650x
  • Flight Gears: Logitech X56 HOTAS & Flight Rudder Pedals, HP Reverb G2
  • Modules: F-14A/B, F-15C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AV-8B, A-10C I/II, Supercarrier, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

Project: Operation Hormuz [F/A-18C Multiplayer Campaign]

43 minutes ago, Spock14 said:

These Symbolys are not intended for handsignals. These Symbols are just a overview for the following drawings in the document. 
For instance here

Well understood, thank you sir! 👍

• PC Specs: Intel i7 9700, Nvidia RTX 2080S, Corsair 64G DDR4, MSI B360M Mortar Titanium, Intel 760P M.2 256GB SSD + Samsung 1TB SSD, Corsair RM650x
  • Modules: F-14A/B, F-15C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AV-8B, A-10C I/II, Supercarrier, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

To add: while it may be obvious, the colour red typically refers to the bandit. Blue is typically the flight lead or the -1/-2 section where green is typically the wingman or the -3/-4 section.

A horizontal line across an arrow depending on context can mean either a stack or a section

A circle with an X refers to "bullseye nose low" as in a pure nose down either dive or vertical circle. I forget what pure high is, might be a circle with a dot in the middle, would have to double check that one.

Edited by MARLAN_

1A100.png?format=1500w  

Virtual CVW-8 - The mission of Virtual Carrier Air Wing EIGHT is to provide its members with an organization committed to presenting an authentic representation of U.S. Navy Carrier Air Wing operations in training and combat environments based on the real world experience of its real fighter pilots, air intercept controllers, airbosses, and many others.

27 minutes ago, MARLAN_ said:

To add: while it may be obvious, the colour red typically refers to the bandit. Blue is typically the flight lead or the -1/-2 section where green is typically the wingman or the -3/-4 section.

A horizontal line across an arrow depending on context can mean either a stack or a section

A circle with an X refers to "bullseye nose low" as in a pure nose down either dive or vertical circle. I forget what pure high is, might be a circle with a dot in the middle, would have to double check that one.

so much knowledge to learn, hats off, thanks!