Map Study/Briefings

theox

Love the game guys. I love heli sims as it is and BS has taken it to a whole new level.

And now for my one complaint :)

"Alright Gentlemen, straighten up! Your target today is Insurgent positions located to the South and Southeast of Batumi. Leftenant Blackadder will now continue with a detailed map of the target area."

wwd_world2.jpg

Ok, you get the point. I read the briefings throughly, but without a detailed map study (a la Falcon4) they're worthless to me. Anyone had any success printing the map, or some semblance thereof? What are you guys doing to negate the terrible intelligence division of Russian Frontal Aviation?

Have you ever seen detailed additional info section arrow just above briefing screen?

With waypoints, enlarged map and hand-drawn marks.

They even provide actual views from ingress point to target.

What kind of sim gave this level of info?

And you can see F10 screen also thou I don't need it.

Edited by =815=TooCooL
forgot F10

System: Core2Duo E8500, 4G ram, GTX260, SLC SSD, and Vista 32bit. LG W2600HP 26" LCD.

Controls : MSFFB2, CH Pro throttle, Saitek rudder, Saitek throttle quadrant, and TrackIR4

BS Setting : medium with visibility HIGH

More skill you get, more you Love DCS:Black Shark.

Yes, those images are partially useful. I'd like to zoom in on the map, view the roads leading into and out of the target area (to better see what routes the enemy will be using for convoys). I'd also like to get a look at the topography of the area around the ingress point and plan my attack from that point of view.

Falcon 4 gave you a 360 degree view of the target area, complete with topographical data and radii of expected air defense ranges.

I don't need all that, but a detailed map with town names, marked roads, and contour lines would make this already spectacular game nearly unbeatable in my book.

You can see them all in ABRIS map.

All contour lines, power lines, and town names etc.

Detection range is bonus.

You just need to look zoomed in. Then it becomes very detailed.

Study ABRIS. All things are there.

With ERBL, you can designate any place on the map, not just your position.

Edited by =815=TooCooL
forgot ERBL

System: Core2Duo E8500, 4G ram, GTX260, SLC SSD, and Vista 32bit. LG W2600HP 26" LCD.

Controls : MSFFB2, CH Pro throttle, Saitek rudder, Saitek throttle quadrant, and TrackIR4

BS Setting : medium with visibility HIGH

More skill you get, more you Love DCS:Black Shark.

Just print screen (or whatever screenshot button is) and then print it from windows. Cant be hard to test yourself. Should come out as good as any other pictures on the computer. ;)

Regards

Alex "Snuffer" D.

AMD FX8350 (8 core) 4.1GHZ ::: 8GB Dominator 1600mhz ::: GTX660 2GB ::: 2xHD ::: 24" ASUS