Mission with traffic

Lantirn

Hello,

Would like to know if there is any single mission template with military traffic around a supercarrier, plus some nice static models on the deck.

Want to do some touch and gos but also have some traffic around.

Of course I can build my own, but I am asking if there is something already done before I do so.

"Any of you boys seen an aircraft carrier around here?"

F-14 ACTION - FULL ACTION

INTEL i7 6700, 32GB DDR4, NVIDIA RTX 3070ti 8GB, SCARLETT SOLO AUDIO, YAMAHA HS7 MONITORS, SHURE SM57, THRUSTMASTER HOTAS COUGAR FSSB R2 MOD, NATURALPOINT TRACK IR4

If I remember correctly the first mission in the Operation Reforger campaign has you do several Case I traps. There are other aircraft going in and out of the pattern, as well as statics on deck. You should also be able to open the mission in the editor and make changes if you want, like add client slots, etc. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/20/2022 at 6:26 PM, Lantirn said:

Hello,

Would like to know if there is any single mission template with military traffic around a supercarrier, plus some nice static models on the deck.

Want to do some touch and gos but also have some traffic around.

Of course I can build my own, but I am asking if there is something already done before I do so.

Check out the instant action and campaign missions, many of them will have you encounter traffic when returning to the boat. It is not much more than a footnote though, as the Carrier usually prioritizes the player and very rarely you have to either wait for signal time to be charlie or even stack down. This is also because the AI gets down fairly direct and quick.

It is also limited by the fact that you do not hear a whole squad being worked down in the stack, LSO calls with AI missing, etc. and we have no ability to "build" a stack for the carrier in the ME, like saying group 1 will commence at 2000, then group 2 will move from 3k to 2k, group 3 from 4k to 3k, etc etc... Or telling the carrier to prioritize one or another etc.

You simply witness usually planes landing ahead of you, or sometimes shortly after you.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

22 minutes ago, IronMike said:

You simply witness usually planes landing ahead of you, or sometimes shortly after you.

Provided you fly by the book, otherwise AI can sometimes disregard what you are doing and ... 💥

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Just join our Squad if you look for that kind of thing, but make sure your clock in the Tomcat works properly. There is a lot of chewing out in the old men's office if you miss breaking the deck by more then 30 sec. 😉

Good thing is, we Tomcats get normally stacked higher, due to the diddle diddle things running out of fuel all the time.

That doesn't mean you can't screw it up also, like missing a interval in descending or your commence. 

Serious, if you like stuff like that, join a carrier based squad.... and get the GPS thingy for time keeping. God knows why that Tomcat watch is always off. 

Edited by Lt_Jaeger